Wii Games

Options
So I have a Wii and a Wii Fit, but I want to try and get a few harder games or working out. I see the Biggest Loser ones but not sure if anyone here has any they can recommend?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba and Just Dance 2. I just got the biggest loser workout and have just done the "test" to see what level I need to start at. It has me starting at the "advanced"....but by the time I got there...I was sweating like a pig and stopped the test because I didn't want to get to the hardest level...I think the pushups sent me over the edge...I hate pushups!!!!! But it looks like it will be a good workout.
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for the Wii Kinect and it is awesome!! It really does give you a great workout! I highly suggest it!
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Zumba on the Wii is amazing!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have the wii active 2 and did the 9 week challenge where I lost probably 25 of my 30+ lbs. I also gained definition in my upper arms and legs. They don't just looks like limbs anymore, they actually look like arms and legs! I find the wii fit and wii more fit (or whatever the second one is) were not as challenging as the wii active series. Apparently the wii active 2 calorie burner (comes with a heart rate monitor) is not very accurate - most people I know say they are burning twice as many calories as the program is telling them, but I'm okay with that. The wii active 2 is a great workout with a mixture of core, cardio and strength. LOVE IT!
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    Just started the Sports Active 2 for the Wii this morning, Seems to be a good work out!! I'd be interested in trying the Zumba for Wii, I bet that's fun!
  • Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! I didnt know they have it for the WII!

Im totally going to try that out!

:)
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I have the original WIi Active Sports game (haven't had the money to buy the second yet) and I love it! They have a 30 day challenge that have preset workouts you do with a trainer (which you can pick a femla or male). There's trophies that you get for certain things (reaching one hour of working out, recahing 100 calories, etc etc). You can make your own workouts, which is great because some days I want to just work one park of my body. I've heard great things about Zumba and the Just Dance games. I'm definitely thinking of getting those, for sure.
  • GreenwayL
    GreenwayL Posts: 9
    Options
    We have a regular Wii, is there a different between the Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Kinect? I'm getting confused!
  • LdyDva31
    LdyDva31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The those are additional products for the Wii that you buy separately to allow you different options. With the Wii Fit balance board you can exercise, weigh urself etc.
  • dockamie
    dockamie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is very good, will have you sweating in no time!
  • karisfitness
    Options
    We just bought the Wii last week and the Gold's Gym Dance Workout has me sweating. There's some glitches with the "extra" games that might be corrected if I had the Wii balance board, but overall I recommend it. You get a combination of Latin dancing and kickboxing. You can choose from the many workouts included or create your own.

I've got Just Dance coming from Amazon this week and can't wait to buy Zumba!
  • LoveBeingAMommy3
    Options
    I LOVE my Wii, on it daily...wii fit plus and biggest loser are my favs...just got "your shape" my jenny mccarthy,have not tried it yet but hopefully it's good...wii zumba and exerbeat are next...I need variety or i get bored with them and I don't want to fall off track.

9427310.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • acmccaughan
    Options
    Lots of suggestions, love it! I have a Wii but haven't used it as much as I should be. I'm def going to be looking into some of these suggestions and make a Wii wish list!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    The Wii Active and Active More are my two favs. What i did though was replaced their band with pilates bands and put the handles on the ends of the strongest band, it worked well in increased my resistance ability 10X what the other band that came with the game did. I also use weighted gloves and ankle weights with it. I can increase intensity, not to what i want sometimes but can make it more than it really was intended on being.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The Wii Active and Active More are my two favs. What i did though was replaced their band with pilates bands and put the handles on the ends of the strongest band, it worked well in increased my resistance ability 10X what the other band that came with the game did. I also use weighted gloves and ankle weights with it. I can increase intensity, not to what i want sometimes but can make it more than it really was intended on being.

The wii active 2 with the heart rate monitor also has a sensor you wear on your leg. This alleviates having to use the nunchuck with the game- which you have to do with wii active and wii more active. You can also go into the settings and incorporate weights with it.

The balance board use is optional !!
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    EA Active - all 3..I contribute eating better and strictly doing those games to losing 52 lbs so far...AWESOME interval training and will help with your endurance and strength.
  • Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am going to get Zumba first I think! Thanks so so much! :)
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We have a regular Wii, is there a different between the Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Kinect? I'm getting confused!

The Wii Fit is the balance board you can buy. Kinect is actually for the Xbox 360. It's their version of a motion controller.

I agree that the EA Actives are awesome! I did the 30 day challenge on the 1st one. I liked it a lot. The only thing that kind of bugged me was that there wasn't really any ab work. I just started the 6 week challenge on the More Workouts game. I love it! I also use Just Dance and Just Dance 2. I like #2 better but they are both very fun!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance 2. For the first time in my life I WANT to do something active because it is so fun.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I ahve just been looking up games for the wii, want something fun that works me. i was thinking of dance dance revolution..... turns out its quite hard to source in NZ!!
    I saw Just Dance 2 and 3............ what exactly is it? And what else do you need to go with it?