What Exercises Are Good?

Options
What are some good strength training exercises for hips, love handles, and abs?

Replies

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything is good, as long as you do it correctly so as not to injure yourself.

You cannot just do crunches to lose belly fat. You must lose weight overall to lose belly fat. You may be frustrated by this, because the belly fat might just be the last place you lose weight. But you must lose weight overall to lose the love handles, etc.

For this reason, cardio is great because it raises your heart rate over a longer period of time and burns more calories. Strength training is important too. Building muscle will increase your body's ability to burn calories.

If you are having trouble getting started, join a class (spinning, body pump, whatever) or pay for a few sessions with a personal trainer. If you can afford it, get a regular gig with a trainer. It will force you to show up on a regular schedule.

Hit the gym!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I do Running, biking, swimming, lots of heavy lifting , and I have really strong love handles.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Interval traing work good...burpees helped me as well....
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Squats, hip bridges, lunges, and planks are some.
  • sgtaylor1
    sgtaylor1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba and LOVE it... all ladies in my class have lost huge amounts of weight. One lady is down a hundred pounds another lost 20 pounds in 2 months and hasn't changed her diet one bit. Another lady is 35 pounds in 2 months and she did change up her diet. It is so much fun it doesn't even feel like a chore or you are working out. If you find a great class with alot of energy you can burn up to a 1,000 calories or more an a hour!! That is one hour well spent!