Unique NSV!!

Options
NancyAnne1960
NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
Yesterday, we were celebrating my new job. In the past, it would have been fast food with a milkshake, plus movie and junk food.
We did the movie (rented at home), and the junk food! I chose PB & sugar free J on WW bagel thins, cocoa almonds, Jello sugar free double chocolate pudding, micro popcorn, and 100 cal. pack pecan sandies, and WATER to drink! (I was panicked going to 1650 calories for the day) I used to choose Double cheese burger, fries and mega Dr. Pepper, big bag of Nacho Doritos (not caring how many I ate), candy bars (usually 2 or more), ice cream, licorice, and the list goes on to over 3800 calories and tons of sodium! BUT, the NSV was it seemed natural to choose the healthier items, and I didn't feel deprived, I felt like I really indulged!! But 1650 cals over 3500 is a reall accomplishment for me!! My maintenance calories will be about 1600!! (Healthier items of course) But, It really feels good to finally be getting the lifestyle change thing vs. just not caring about what goes into my mouth!!!! Thanks to MFP and all of the people and their stories on here!!

Replies

• Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and congrats!
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's a great one!!!
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful!! Good for you :)) That must be the best feeling :)
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    That is really cool! Good for you!:drinker:
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Nice job Nancy, it's amazing how little we can actually get by on once our bodies have adjusted to healthier eating habits.

I love cocoa almonds btw!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!