2 Weeks till Turkey Day!!

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Woot_Emoticon.gif

Gonna stick to your diet...or go for it??
Favorite Foods?
Ways of making them healthier....eh...who cares about that?! :laugh:
Favorite Traditions.....

:heart:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Woot_Emoticon.gif

Favorite Foods?
    Favorite Traditions.....

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I go for tiny portions on a bunch of stuff! White meat only for the turkey, no skin, and definitely a good workout the day of. My downfall is drinking though on the holidays....empty calories will probably do me in!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try not to go overboard this year but I'm not restricting anything. My favorites are Turkey breast..stuffing...mashed potatoes...stuffing...peanut butter pie...stuffing....potato salad...and did I mention STUFFING? :bigsmile: Oh....and I better not forget the ROLLS! This pic is for you, Tam...
    Hotrolls.jpg
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am going home for thanksgiving and I am from the south. So you know there is nothing healthy on the menu.:frown:

All kinds of salt, fat, grease, sugar.... it will all be there. I guess I could go for a run but I will have wear my blaze orange since it is hunting season.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Woot_Emoticon.gif

Favorite Foods?
    Favorite Traditions.....

You have asked the question but you now need to answer it. I'm waiting. :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I go for tiny portions on a bunch of stuff! White meat only for the turkey, no skin, and definitely a good workout the day of. My downfall is drinking though on the holidays....empty calories will probably do me in!

That's my downfall every weekend. :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    It's Thanksgiving......I'm going to treat myself a bit.........but within reason. And some things will be made healthier. Skim milk instead of 2% milk and so on. I'll double up on the veggies and have smaller than normal portions of the other things :flowerforyou:

Gotta save room for :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh: :wink:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I do all the cooking so will eat what I want on Turkey Day. But will do my exercise and right back to it the next day. :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

That's my downfall every weekend. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Me too :ohwell: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Woot_Emoticon.gif

Favorite Foods?
    Favorite Traditions.....

Gonna exercise like crazy the morning of and eat what I want on for the rest of the day. :bigsmile:

Fave Foods - taters/gravy, turkey/gravy :embarassed: , sweet potato casserole :love: & the broccoli with bleu cheese casserole. {{happy sigh}}

Ways of making them healthier - Mom better not!! :angry:

Traditions - just chillin with the family. :heart:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

Gonna exercise like crazy the morning of and eat what I want on for the rest of the day. :bigsmile:

Fave Foods - taters/gravy, turkey/gravy :embarassed: , sweet potato casserole :love: & the broccoli with bleu cheese casserole. {{happy sigh}}

Ways of making them healthier - Mom better not!! :angry:

Traditions - just chillin with the family. :heart:

This is the best answer ever!! :laugh:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    whew, having just come back to MFP I am gonna try to limit portions, big time. i am going to friends house and they are very aware of my struggles with weight loss. I am going to have friends there also who are doing the healthy eating so hopefully we can keep each other on track. I plan to eat alot of salad and drink tons of water before i go so i won't be as hungry and won't pig out..
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    im gonna try to not make a gluten of myself, but i am gonna eat what i want, turkey is my favorite and my girlfriend is coming from out of state and she makes rolls to die for and i am sure the calories is too but it will be worth it just for one day!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I will make good choices and wise decisions............NOT.:bigsmile:

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday and my sons birthday falls on it this year so there is even more room to celebrate.:drinker:

My favorite food, hands down, and it wouldn't be turkey day without it is stuffing. Not to be confused with dressing. Actual stuffing and mounds of it.

Our favorite tradition is to all dress up as pilgrims and Indians and churn butter......just kidding....we don't really have any traditions carved in stone other than eat too much, enjoy and be thankful for each other and watch football.

Cranberry sauce, here I come.:bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday and my sons birthday falls on it this year so there is even more room to celebrate.:drinker:

My favorite food, hands down, and it wouldn't be turkey day without it is stuffing. Not to be confused with dressing. Actual stuffing and mounds of it.

Our favorite tradition is to all dress up as pilgrims and Indians and churn butter......just kidding....we don't really have any traditions carved in stone other than eat too much, enjoy and be thankful for each other and watch football.

So what is the difference between stuffing & dressing??? :embarassed: :huh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have to stick to my diet that day b/c if I don't, I'll fall off the wagon & never come back. I'll probably eat a very small breakfast so I have extra calories. My dh likes to deep fry turkey, but luckily I don't like it so that's one less thing to worry about.

My FAV Thanksgiving food has to be my mom's corn casserole or scalloped potatoes. Both of which will be in very very very small piles on my plate this year. BUT, they will still be there. :bigsmile:

My extended family had a very stressful/angry Thanksgiving last year so I declared that Thanksgiving is now my holiday to stay home with my husband & kids & not have to worry about pleasing anyone else. We run from my parents in the morning/early afternoon to my ILs for the evening for every other holiday so I'm looking forward to not having to do that this year. My parents may end up at our house at some point, but that's okay as long as they don't bring the rest of the family! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Too funny.:laugh: I guess I should add that another of our family traditions is to attempt to watch the Lions game & cuss at them. My husband is a life long Lions "fan" & Thanskgiving is usually just one more reminder at how much they suck.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Thanksgiving will be easy for me. DH and I don't go overboard because we're just cooking for ourselves. But my favorite is definitely the homemade stuffing we make! And we eat dinner early so it's a lunch/dinner combo meal and therefore, I have extra calories saved up!

Now Christmas Eve will be the killer because we'll be with my IL's and they love to prepare mini-meals all night until it's time to open presents at midnight.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I have to stick to my diet that day b/c if I don't, I'll fall off the wagon & never come back. I'll probably eat a very small breakfast so I have extra calories. My dh likes to deep fry turkey, but luckily I don't like it so that's one less thing to worry about.

My FAV Thanksgiving food has to be my mom's corn casserole or scalloped potatoes. Both of which will be in very very very small piles on my plate this year. BUT, they will still be there. :bigsmile:

My extended family had a very stressful/angry Thanksgiving last year so I declared that Thanksgiving is now my holiday to stay home with my husband & kids & not have to worry about pleasing anyone else. We run from my parents in the morning/early afternoon to my ILs for the evening for every other holiday so I'm looking forward to not having to do that this year. My parents may end up at our house at some point, but that's okay as long as they don't bring the rest of the family! :laugh:

Avoiding family will save you some alcohol calories too. :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

So what is the difference between stuffing & dressing??? :embarassed: :huh:

:laugh:
    Dressing is cooked outside of the turkey, stuffing is cooked inside the turkey.