Alcoholism..

Options
So this is something I think I struggle with.....Although I did not get drunk all the time...cuz I would stop myself...I would consume ALOT.....which contributed to my massive weight gain and is excessive for a girl my size seeing as though I drank almost 7 days a week. I'm 5'4 and used to be 135 and went to 172 mostly because of my drinking.

I LOVE beer and LOVE wine....and i could drink drink drink........I can kick it with the guys....and they have no idea where I put it...and how I don't fall over....but I have fun...it was a huge part of my life.

Last month my boyfriend and I decided that we want to have a baby....so I pretty much eliminated it with only a couple here and there.....depending on what time of the month it is. Last night I had a few beers...because it was safe to do so....and wow do I regret it!! It made me realize that it is NOT worth it......I used to drink 3 times that amount and not feel a thing....and now I'm at work feeling like **** along with being on my TOM. Stupid stupid stupid

The pounds are coming off like crazy and I'm starting to see results.....I continue to have major temptations to drink all the....but the thought of a baby makes me not do it because that is the most important thing to me right now. A healthy me and a healthy baby I hope to have. The only reason I had some last night was cuz i'm not preggo and thought it would be a treat for all my hard work.....True words spoken by an alcoholic...stupid stupid stupid.

I'm done!

My bf is very supportive...and has significantly cut down his intake of beer....I m happy and lucky to have him in my life.

I know there is alot of people out there that struggle with alcohol the way I do....so if anyone needs some support....I'm here for ya.....cuz if I could do it...so could you :)

Oh yah...another reason alcohol can ruin lives......my dad was an abusive alcoholic.....I don't want to be like him!!

Thank goodness for MFP...cuz I could be myself on here :)

Replies

• Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being able to realize the problem and take steps to correct it. Good luck on getting pregnant! That is my goal at the end of this weight loss journey. Or maybe midway through ;-)
  • theLBshow
    theLBshow Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for you! That is very inspiring! Everyone around me thinks I struggle with alcohol because I am constantly stating I need a drink, or checking in on Facebook to bars. However, I really don't have an issue. I like to casually drink through the week, and go out drinking like on Saturdays. Apparently that is a problem.... But I do believe my alcohol intake has added to my weight gain.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    kudos for putting it out there and facing your problem. i was the same with smoking, it was either quit and get control or it was going to kill me, you are very brave and sound like you have a great suportive foundation to keep you on the right path. Good luck to you..
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the good work. Do not give in to drinking. Continue with your healthy lifestyle. Get your body ready to carry that baby. good things will happen to you. There is a lot of support out there if the temptation to drink gets too hard. Youre right on track. Just keep doing what feels right. Good Luck to you....
  • emyback68
    emyback68 Posts: 89
    Options
    If you find that you cannot do it alone (and most real alcoholics cannot), find an alcoholics anonymous meeting in your area. It works.
  • MisterSixer
    MisterSixer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was sober 7 months until I relapsed on July 4th. I've been overcome with guilt and just an all-around negative attitude since then. One of the reasons I decided to kick the addiction was to get over that attitude problem I had and live a happy, fulfilling life. Sobriety is not easy, at all. You'd never think it would be so hard to NOT do something, but the power of alcoholism should not be underestimated. I've seen it destroy lives and I don't want to a victim. Congrats to your first step, I think there is nothing better you can do for your health than getting sober. You will shed the pounds with ease and be overcome with a feeling of wellness in a few short weeks.

PS - Pantera rocks.

MisterSixer