weight lose

Options
is it right that when we are losing weight we should eat fibre food it is good for easily weight lose so which food have more fiber

Replies

• zobia
    zobia Posts: 91
    Options
    is it right that when we are losing weight we should eat fibre food it is good for easily weight lose so which food have more fiber
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    fiber is good for you digestive tract, I have never heard that it is specifically good for weight loss. Whole grains, and many fruits and vegetables are good sources of fiber.
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Fiber helps keep you regular, which can help support weight loss, but not cause it.

There's also something called the "Fiber Flush Effect" which states that for every gram of fiber you consume in a day, your body eliminates 7 calories. I'm not sure if this has been proven in studies, but I've read it in a lot of diet/nutrition books, so if it's true, that'd add up.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Fiber doesn't make you lose weight, but it sure is hard to lose without it!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    fiber helps your body digest food and keep your track clean. and supports weight loss i eat like 30 g a day between fiber bars, fiber yogurt and fiber water. i think it is a great addition to my healthy lifestyle fruits and veggies and some cereals are great too
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fibre helps you lose weight by filling you up for longer periods of time so you don't need to eat as frequently. Also, you can't digest fibre. Its natures broom. So when you fill up on it, that leaves less room for bad stuff. It helps keep you regular and also helps to prevent colon cancer.

Things that are high in fibre:
    fruit (and dried fruits) and veggies
    whole grains like brown pasta, brown rice, whole grain bread, whole grain cereal, whole grain crackers, oatmeal

You could even add metameucil to your diet. Try drinking a glass before you eat. It fills you up longer and quicker and its good for you. Try it, it really works.