Tofu Stir Fry- 200 cals

Options
emilydmac
emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
Ok so I have been having this for lunch most days and I like it so much that I want to share it.

Ingredients:
1/3 package extra firm tofu (132 cal)
1 cup broccoli (30 cal)
3/4 cup Peppers/Onions (20 cal)
Pam (5 cal)
1 tsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce (10 cal)
Garlic Powder (3 cal)

First I cut the tofu into cubes and dry fry it on a nonstick pan until brown
Then I use 1 spray of pam in a pan and saute the veggies until cooked
Then I add the tofu, and put in the soy sauce and garlic powder (and any other spices I want)
and I mix it all together and cook until the soy sauce has reduced a bit and put in on a plate (it fills a dinner sized plate)
and voila!

A 200 calorie tofu stir fry with 13 grams carbs, 7 grams fat, and 16 grams protein, with only 329mg of sodium!
I like it because the spices I add are so low in calories and the small amount of low sodium soy sauce make a nice sauce
without the fat and sodium of an oily store bought sauce- and it is so yummy and filling!
enjoy <3

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Not a vegan or vegetarian but I think I may have to try this. Sounds excellent. Thanks.
  • jessiroonita
    Options
    This does sound wonderful! Where do buy your firm tofu from?
  • emilydmac
    Options
    I buy the whole foods 365 brand firm tofu, but all firm tofu's are very comparable in calories and protein
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MMMM SOUNDS YUMMI!!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you dry fry do you not have to press? I am new to tofu but have some in the fridge.
  • emilydmac
    Options
    If you dry fry do you not have to press? I am new to tofu but have some in the fridge.

I generally use paper towels to press all the water out beforehand (gently) because it has a lot of water but then I just use a non stick pan