Good ideas for low-carb lunch?

Options
maillemaker
maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
OK, so I'm getting burned out on tuna salad and lunch meat.

What are some other easy-fix take-to-work low-carb lunch ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Replies

• aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i premake grilled chicken, turkey burgers, sweet pot, and always have cottage cheese, or hummus around.. but imnot sure how low card ur tryin to go..just heat and eat!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    bump
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been eating low carb wraps...Trader Joe's has a great one, I also found one from the brand, "Cedar's". I put lunchmeat and cheese or chicken and avocado, or steak, or eggs in it.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    When I have turkey burgers, I make some extra and the next day will take a 4 oz patty and green veggies like spinach and brussel sprouts. The whole meal is low carb, low cal, low fat and high in protein.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I've been eating low carb wraps...Trader Joe's has a great one, I also found one from the brand, "Cedar's". I put lunchmeat and cheese or chicken and avocado, or steak, or eggs in it.

Hey Sandy, that sounds like a great idea! I had not thought of wraps! Love me some avocado! :)

I'm trying to avoid things you have to cook in advance, because of the hassle.

Steve
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    low carb pita's are great for sandwiches.
    Cheese sticks and beef sticks.
    Pre-grilled chicken breast strips
  • debbaaayyy
    debbaaayyy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My reply is a bit late but hopefully you will still find it useful.. I love making caprese salad for lunch from Trader Joes. I will either get the Herloom Tomatoes or just the cherry tomates, the fresh mozarella (med size balls in container), Fresh basil and cooking Olive oil spray (You can use regular olive oil but this is 0 calories and tastes just fine to me). Just mix all the ingredients and add salt and pepper. I make this at work since its easy and leave all of my coworkers drueling from the smell of fresh basil.
    Another tomato salad recipe: Any kind of tomatoes, fresh cilantro, lime juice and a spice called Tajin (Mexican, and can be found at Mexican markets) If you can find use Mexican Chili powder. Sometimes I will add seedless cucumbers to this. It's SO good and very low carb and low calorie!!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Cooked chicken breasts or thighs, dollop of light Philadelphia and a teaspoon of mustard. Mix it all up and have it with fresh spinach leaves

I love it