Going to an all inclusive Carribbean resort tomorrow...any a

Options
My hubby and I are off to celebrate our 1 year anniversary at an all inclusive resort tomorrow! We like to get our drink on and I want to enjoy myself, but I don't want to undo all the good that I've done (down almost 25 lbs).

Any suggestions?:happy:

Replies

• cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself but you can have fun and get your exercise in as well.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Swim - a lot - and this will allow you some extra calroies to play with.

Drink lots of water throughout the day

In the evenings stick to vodka and a low cal mixer or Gin and low calorie tonic. Alternate every alcoholic drink with water

Limit yourself to one carb when you hit the buffet but pile up on veg and salad and fruit

Opt for fruit for desserts as opposed to cakes.

Have fun!
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Watch our for exotic drinks and liquors, as they can have BIG calories and high sugar content. Stick to simple drinks (e.g. rum and diet coke, bourbon and diet dr. pepper, simple bloody mary's, etc.) Sours, Mojitos, Cosmos--all have extra sugars in them that compound the sugar in the alcohol. You can ask for diet tonic water, if you like gin and tonics, this cuts calories pretty well, also.

This article has some good tips:
    http://www.projectfoodie.com/news/articles/the-10-most-fattening-cocktails.html

With the success and practice you have already had, you can probably estimate the calories in the dishes they serve at the buffets. Have fun, and remember to put sunscreen on you feet when walking around!
    Nothing kills a vacation like sun burned feet!
  • Ssocrrbabe
    Ssocrrbabe Posts: 51
    Options
    Try to stay away from the sugary drinks (examples Margaritas, Mai Tea, Long Island ice tea, etc). Don't know if you like Jack, but Jack and Diet coke only has 60 calories a serving. Try things like vodka and diet soda, or gin and tonic. If you stick to single liquors and no mixed sugary drinks you can drink in moderation and still have fun!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Here are the tips I try to stick with whenever I go to all incl. resorts:
    - Remember to drink water after every alcoholic drink to stay hydrated...so easy to forget this one...but sooo important.
    - Try not to overdo it with the sweet sugary alcoholic drinks, they taste great but are loaded with sugar. I always try the tropical ones as a treat (like one per day) but after that I usually stick with rum + diet cokes, or sparkling wine, or vodka sodas.
    - Start the day with a healthy breakfast, that will likely help you make better choices for the rest of the day.
    - There are usually lots of buffets, try to avoid the all you can eat mentality to "get your moneys worth", try to only eat the amount you normally would.
    - Try to get as much fiber in at every meal, so always put some veggies on your plate.
    - Try to choose protein options at every meal rather than the starchy carb options (so choose steak, chicken, or fish/seafood rather than say pizza or pasta)
    - Whenever you get into the water try and swim around as much as you can, its a great way to burn extra calories...while cooling off from the heat at the same time.

Have a great trip! :)
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    you could take me with you and I'll monitor your intake level...lol...just kidding have a fab time and happy anniversary.

martyxxx
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Have a great time and enjoy yourselves! Happy Anniversary!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water. If they have a gym force yourself to work out a little. You may not always log everything you consume but try to stay conscious of your choices. Remember even a little effort is better than no effort. Walk as much as you can. SLEEP in and rest a lot. I don't care what anyone says, sleep is crucial to a healthy mind and body. Plus while you're sleeping you're not up, awake, and hungry, so hence you won't want to eat as much if you get plenty of rest. It's your anniversary, so get your "freak on" as they say. That is a fun way to burn calories! As far as alcohol, I say, the stronger the drink, the fewer you have to consume to feel good! I prefer sex on the beach. Loads of alcohol and so I drink less of them in the long run! Most of all, Have FUN!! Even if you pig out, lay around and drink too much alcohol, you won't gain a TON of weight back and this little get away will be great for your soul!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate all of your input!