Swordfish recipe? Anyone?

Options
photorific
photorific Posts: 577 Member
I don't have much experience cooking fish. But - in the name of health, I've been trying to venture out and find fish recipes that I like enough to make at least one fish/week at home. So, I picked up a couple of swordfish steaks on sale. Now what? Anyone have good swordfish recipes to share? Thanks!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just put some fresh squeezed lemon juice on them and rosemary then grill!
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I only add lemon juice when cooking my sword fish, it has so much good flavor and texture naturally. I love making it into kebabs.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and rosemary it is (I've got an heirloom rosemary plant that has amazing flavor!)

2nd/3rd questions: Olive oil as well? And, should I marinate for an hour or so before grilling?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really do olive oil, it's just going to add to the 'badness' of it, you might coat the grill surface with olive oil, just prior to laying it on the grill, so it doesn't stick as much and gives it nice grill marks. It really doesn't need a lengthy marinade, an hour or half hour should be plenty. The lemon juice will give it a nice crispy golden color when cooked.