A calculator that shows the Zumba calories you burn!

Options
amarie35
amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
Most of you probably have HRM and know exactly how much you burn while doing Zumba. But, to the ones of you, who are like me, & don't have one, how have you been logging your calories burned while doing Zumba? Up till now, I've just been kinda estimating.
But I just recently found a website that shows you approx how many calories you burn while doing Zumba. Check out the website below and see if the calories it shows you burn, seem accurate. To the ones of you who do Zumba and have a HRM, just for fun enter in your info and let me know if this website is as accurate as it seems. Thanks in advance! :smile:

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Replies

• raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    seems slightly high compared with my HRM - also there is so much variation in Zumba, I went to one class that was very latin and dance, then I did one this week which was more like aerobics. Plus the intensity level is a bit obscure.
  • LovelySpirit
    Options
    I love it... I do wear an HRM in my class and it often pitches me at 700-800:noway: .. I thought it was an over estimation... you literally have to chk ur HR between songs... to get the most accurate reading... but according to the zumbacalories.com site.. it's actually accurate.. WOW! :wink:

Thanks for the post!:bigsmile:
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Thanks for this post!!
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks, this is very helpful!!!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    What is HRM??
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    This site estimates higher than my HRM by about 100-300 calories depending on the Zumba teacher and class I go to. Some teachers are just not as much of a workout as others.

It's not a bad way to estimate but I would actually track lower than it says. For instance, if you think are "high intensity" I would track whatever it says you burn with low intensity ... if you are low, subtract 100 or so...

Also, if you have an HRM that requires you to touch between every song... those overestimate quite a bit too.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    What is HRM??

Heart Rate Monitor
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    LOL OK Thanks MissMary!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Does this count for the Zumba game too?
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A little higher than what burned
    172 lbs 66 minutes high intensity - my HRM 609
    that site showed 676
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Most of you probably have HRM and know exactly how much you burn while doing Zumba. But, to the ones of you, who are like me, & don't have one, how have you been logging your calories burned while doing Zumba? Up till now, I've just been kinda estimating.
    But I just recently found a website that shows you approx how many calories you burn while doing Zumba. Check out the website below and see if the calories it shows you burn, seem accurate. To the ones of you who do Zumba and have a HRM, just for fun enter in your info and let me know if this website is as accurate as it seems. Thanks in advance! :smile:

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

BUMP