SBF Fitness Challenge, Nov 13

Options
I feel like I have a lot going on, though most of it is fun. Tonight - SPCA dinner, tomorrow - James Bond movie, Sat - out with friends & another movie, Sun - teach yoga & long bike ride, Mon - teach yoga & meeting with dietician. And, of course, some work, some house stuff, some volunteer stuff as well.

I never ceased to be amazed at those people who can: work, take care of kids, take care of the house, and still manage to have fun occasionally. I think people spend way too much time not doing something they enjoy - because they feel they have to. And the other big mistake people make is to not enjoy their fun time because they are worried about whatever. That's my advice for the day: enjoy yourself.

Yesterday: bike, yoga, weights. Today: bike and walk. I plan on taking tomorrow off. We'll see how that goes. I need to clean the house, so it will have to cut into my exercise time this week.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a lot going on, though most of it is fun. Tonight - SPCA dinner, tomorrow - James Bond movie, Sat - out with friends & another movie, Sun - teach yoga & long bike ride, Mon - teach yoga & meeting with dietician. And, of course, some work, some house stuff, some volunteer stuff as well.

I never ceased to be amazed at those people who can: work, take care of kids, take care of the house, and still manage to have fun occasionally. I think people spend way too much time not doing something they enjoy - because they feel they have to. And the other big mistake people make is to not enjoy their fun time because they are worried about whatever. That's my advice for the day: enjoy yourself.

Yesterday: bike, yoga, weights. Today: bike and walk. I plan on taking tomorrow off. We'll see how that goes. I need to clean the house, so it will have to cut into my exercise time this week.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My exercise today will consist of running from gate to gate trying to make my connections. . .just finishing packing and trying to think relaxing thoughts for the rest of the day.

I'll try to check in on the road. . .and I'll try to enjoy myself. (I've been seriously neglecting that lately.)

Take care,
    v.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Where are you off to, V?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Conference in Roanoke, VA. I rented a car, and hope the weather is nice enough for me to play hooky one day and see some nature.

I HATE to fly, so once that part is over, things will be much better.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Conference in Roanoke, VA. I rented a car, and hope the weather is nice enough for me to play hooky one day and see some nature.

I HATE to fly, so once that part is over, things will be much better.

Oh, yes, I remember now. I hate flying so much, I won't do it. I've only flown once since 1991 - just to Dallas as a test flight - I was so visibly scared, strangers were offering me drink coupons. I ended up renting a car and driving home. Oh, and it was a perfect flight - sunny and no turbulence.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    V- you'll be fine.. maybe a bit cold & wet, but you'll be fine (keep repeating the mantra :laugh: )

I had a great workout yesteday, and for you amazing push-up godesses, I made it to 10! :laugh: Yes, you may beign laughing at my pitiful performance, but last week I could only do 6! And I am a perfectionist, so even the personal trainer/coach I workout with commented on my perfect form. Why do it if it's not right? :huh:

My diet has been atrocious this month. I think I'm averaging 1,000 cal OVER :noway: everyday this week; even with workouts. Argh, need to quit eating out. I feel like if I pay for it, I have to clean my plate. Not a healthy mentality, I know, but it's the truth. I have done really well on my waters & workouts, but not on diet and the weight shows.

Here's to the last two weeks, we can do it! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note here. I did 2 1/2 hours of shopping today and only art of that was grocery shopping. I still have to finish that probably tomorrow. Feeling tired and cruddy today, wanting to go back to bed. I think I need to but I have a house to clean up before Saturday morning, as well as make a cake and a few other things. And I have a brat for a child today. I think he just needs a nap.
    I'll check back in later with you all. I need to get to work!
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Have fun V, my daughter just came back from a conference in California and she said it was the first time she hadn't had a flight problem. I"d like a conference,oh wait a minute I just spent a weekend shopping, guess that's not happening. But I didn't get anything done today unless you count driving the bus and doing some dishes. Maybe I will get on the tread mill tonight. See you all in the morning.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hope you made it in OK, Vivia. Tonight I am packing and on my way back home tomorrow. I have the occasional momentary panic when flying, but usually I am fine. I've certainly done enough of it! I'm going to James Bond tomorrow night, too, Mary (assuming no major travel delays)! I enjoyed the last Daniel Craig one, so I hope this one is as good. I agree with you - taking time to enjoy one's life is a must!

I stayed late at class today to finish up all my labs (gotta get my [company] money's worth!), so I missed the hotel happy hour. This is a good thing. What the heck, I'm going to go hit the elliptical in the hotel gym for a bit. It's a lot quicker packing for the trip home anyway - I just have to not forget anything (as opposed to going back and forth deciding what to bring in the first place).

Goodnight and have a happy Friday! :flowerforyou: