Non-Motivational company

cnldance
cnldance Posts: 47 Member
edited 11:32AM in Motivation and Support
It sucks when you have "friends" who don't support what you're trying to do. Especially ones that are constantly trying to one-up you in everything! For instance, I've started my weight loss journey and im actually doing pretty well. I have been taking vows at the gym and eating correctly and saying no to the things that I know taste great, but would ruin my progress. But my 'best" friend... ugh! she is a work of art i tell ya.

I went to a party with her one night and she was like "oh don't you want a beer?" (mind you, she knows that I'm on a strict diet and workout plan) I decline the offer. Then she goes at around 1AM, "ohh don't you want taco bell? do you think taco bell is open around this time?" and I'm like, "no i don't want taco bell because I dont want that and i am not hungry." she just keeps throwing stuff in my face. then when i take her to the gym with me she is always trying to compete with me. Ugh it's just annoying. I'm doing this for MYSELF so that I can be happy and it seems that she is just always trying to bring me down in order for herself to be happy. but you know what?! she's failing miserably!

I'm not asking for advice but i just figured I would vent about it. Anyone hve this same problem? stories? share? you're all welcome to if you'd like :smile:

Replies

• I understand completely! Just last night, I had one of my best friends tell me "fat chance" when I said that my stretch goal was to get into a bikini in November when my husband is back from Iraq and we go on vacation for the first time ever. I'm not to where I want to be yet, but that doesn't mean that i can't have stretch goals! Why are some people so inconsiderate when we are working so hard?
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    That is so annoying! I used to be friends with this girl that was like one size smaller than me, and she would use me to make herself feel better! She said she liked going out with me cuz it made her feel like the skinny one and when me and my now husband started dating she said she couldn't believe that he liked me because he could have had someone like her (long story, she wanted to go out with him so she introduced us so I could talk him into going out with her and he ended up liking me instead)

Needless to say we are not friends anymore.
  • cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    probably best just to stay away from such people then come back and prove them wrong. Feels good to get 'there' while they fall behind
  • cnldance
    jealousy maybe? maybe because she doesnt have the same determination you do. you keep goin girl, i know you can do it!
  • cnldance
    I understand completely! Just last night, I had one of my best friends tell me "fat chance" when I said that my stretch goal was to get into a bikini in November when my husband is back from Iraq and we go on vacation for the first time ever. I'm not to where I want to be yet, but that doesn't mean that i can't have stretch goals! Why are some people so inconsiderate when we are working so hard?

my last post was in response to you lol sorry!
  • cnldance
    That is so annoying! I used to be friends with this girl that was like one size smaller than me, and she would use me to make herself feel better! She said she liked going out with me cuz it made her feel like the skinny one and when me and my now husband started dating she said she couldn't believe that he liked me because he could have had someone like her (long story, she wanted to go out with him so she introduced us so I could talk him into going out with her and he ended up liking me instead)

Needless to say we are not friends anymore.

WOW! that is crazy! ...hmmmaybe i need to seperate myself from her. those types of friends always show their true colors when you're trying to better yourself....
  • cnldance
    probably best just to stay away from such people then come back and prove them wrong. Feels good to get 'there' while they fall behind

yes im thinking the same thing :) lol
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    My friends are all skinny and can eat anything! I'm the fat friend. So when I decline to eat certain foods (like ice cream and soda) they keep telling me that I'm not fat and just eat! And I feel like a jerk otherwise. It's almost like they want me to stay this way.

Obviously, I'm 25 lbs overweight!

And I hate that my boyfriend (who is wonderfull really) gives me lectures on what I'm doing wrong or how to do it "right". In my head I'm like "shut the F up! I already feel horrible and you're making me feel worse".

I'm glad ya'll understand what I mean. :L
  • cnldance
    My friends are all skinny and can eat anything! I'm the fat friend. So when I decline to eat certain foods (like ice cream and soda) they keep telling me that I'm not fat and just eat! And I feel like a jerk otherwise. It's almost like they want me to stay this way.

Obviously, I'm 25 lbs overweight!

And I hate that my boyfriend (who is wonderfull really) gives me lectures on what I'm doing wrong or how to do it "right". In my head I'm like "shut the F up! I already feel horrible and you're making me feel worse".

I'm glad ya'll understand what I mean. :L

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! my bf does the same thing :/ it's like he can smell a vegetable and lose 10 lbs on the spot. and then he says i should become a vegetarian. don't worry girl keep doin your thing!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member

Argg!! I'm the fat friend too. So awful, they're not help. When I refuse to eat something they're like OMG are YOU on a DIET? You're not eating enough!!! I'm not even planning on tell them that I'm working out, I'm sure they'll try to convince me I don't need to. I just say to myself, If I can still do this with THOSE kind of friends I can do anything! They're like my everyday test.
This discussion has been closed.