Returning with big obession

Options
I am giving this another try. What I am hoping for is that my obession with food will subside. I am thinking about the scale all of the time but not getting on it only at the doctors. I had a partial hestorectomy 2 weeks ago and am afraid that I may gain more weight. I know that the past few months my hormones have been out of sorts causing my metabolism to change. This alone is not the only reason for weight gain and I need to take responsability for myself. I have biniged and gotten sick. I must admit this so to others and myself. This is NOT okay. It makes me feel terrible... I know that even if I lose 10 pounds my life will not be perfect. I also say this because I am not sure I believe it. I really do have a wonderful family and life but my jeans are all a bit snug and because I have a history of eatting disorder I need to share this. I need help and hope this is a step in the right direction. I have not biniged or purged in 12 hours. One day at a time. I can do this!!!

Replies

• MommyW
    MommyW Posts: 33
    Options
    I am giving this another try. What I am hoping for is that my obession with food will subside. I am thinking about the scale all of the time but not getting on it only at the doctors. I had a partial hestorectomy 2 weeks ago and am afraid that I may gain more weight. I know that the past few months my hormones have been out of sorts causing my metabolism to change. This alone is not the only reason for weight gain and I need to take responsability for myself. I have biniged and gotten sick. I must admit this so to others and myself. This is NOT okay. It makes me feel terrible... I know that even if I lose 10 pounds my life will not be perfect. I also say this because I am not sure I believe it. I really do have a wonderful family and life but my jeans are all a bit snug and because I have a history of eatting disorder I need to share this. I need help and hope this is a step in the right direction. I have not biniged or purged in 12 hours. One day at a time. I can do this!!!
  • rudyann
    Options
    That's a start! Keep it up, you can do it. Stay strong. :smile:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    one day at a time. I live by that in another area of my life and i am going to apply it to my weight loss also. sometimes it is one minute or second at a time, but those minutes and seconds turn into days then weeks then monthsand years so hang in there sounds like ur on the right track :flowerforyou: