What was that?

Options
So.. today I did my 30 day shred and was finishing up some laundry, when all of a sudden I started feeling very nauseated, shaky, dizzy and my heart started racing. I don't know what it was but I felt horrible. It has never happened before. I don't know if it was because I hadn't ate yet or what, It was probably 11-12 hours since I had eaten. I did have 2 glasses of water, so I wasn't dehydrated. I don't know, anyone have this before? Scary!!

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Its probably because you didn't eat. If I don't have a bagel or some yogurt or something before I work out the same things happen to me. So just make sure to eat a little something before your workout if you did them in the morning.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your blood sugar tanked. Eat!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why did you go so long without eating?? That seems the most likely cause.
  • JMEWAMIE77
    JMEWAMIE77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    agreed...blood sugar tanked. I'm diabetic and when my blood sugar drops..i get that exact way. eat something before you do all that shiz! even if it's something as simple as half a bagel and a string cheese!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree it could be your blood sugar, but if it happens again and you have eaten recently, I would suggest seeing your Dr. Heart racing is the reason I think so.... If it doesn't happen again, great but if it does, make that appointment.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Your body just "bonked" on you. This happened BECAUSE you didn't eat for 11 hours prior to exercising. Bonk is a term commonly used by runners and cyclists, it means your body ran out of fuel during a high demand (exercise).

More info here:

http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_wellness/tno_nutritionarticle_12.asp

I usually eat 300-500 cal breakfast 1-2 hours before a workout. If the work out is early, or I don't have at least 45 minutes, I will eat at least 1/2 banana or 1/2 a clif bar.

Please take care to eat upon waking and again at least 1 hour prior to exercise.

blessings.
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just went to the hospital for dehydration
    I was on a long bike ride by myself, and I just turned into a mess!
    Had all the same stuff you had, but also really bad cramps which felt like they ran from my calfs to my head!
    I had to get an IV, just drinking water at that point doesn't help fast enough
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I still feel really wiped out today....I think it must have been bc I had not ate! Who knows.....