Newby....Anyone Trying to Gain Weight?

Options
Hi everyone (anyone?),

Have any ideas to increase caloric intake without adding a seventh meal to my diet?

I'm eating 2,900-3,500 calories a day. Typically three high-intensity, 2-hour, strength/mass workouts and three moderate-intensity, 2-hour, workouts a week. Very little cardio. "Walking manager" at work (cube world). Single, active Dad at home. Not only am I SICK OF EATING FOOD, but I'm losing weight!

Replies

• bluetinker31
    Options
    I don't have to try to gain weight it finds me....wish I could help ya....sounds like you have intensive workouts and I have heard some guys complain about the same thing when they are building up there body some get too full to eat must be the type of workouts you do. Good luck if I could share my weight gain with ya I would...LOL
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No, but if you figure it out let me know! My husband can't put on weight to save his life. Not sure if he's meant to be bulky. He has a ton of muscular definition and can't hold onto fat. Curious. Also, annoying when I hold onto fat like it's goin' out of style :)

Anyway, good luck to you!
  • clockhead
    clockhead Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No way!!! I wsh- but I support all hopeful goals so best of luck!!!!!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    People may throw rocks at your page for this post........most of us on here are killing ourselves to lose weight, lol

To be serious.......yes, I've seen a few rare people on here trying to bulk up, I'm sure you'll find them, good luck :)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Hate you. :heart: Google it.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Damn, I wish I could eat like that and still lose weight. Your diary is private. There are online sites which tell you what to eat to gain weight. Try checking out bodybuilding.com I am sure they will have some kind of helpful tool to help you figure out a ratio of fats, carbs and proteins along with what to eat. If you can't find one on there check out scoobysworkshop.com.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    If I was like that I'd eat any and everything. Caloric surplus is needed to gain weight so high calorie foods all the way. Pizza is a good one!
  • marie6661
    marie6661 Posts: 8
    Options
    you can drink creatine powder with your meals but you have to lift or youll just get fat try adding more grams of protean to each meal and snack my trainer said i need 25grams in each snack and meal sooo youll need alot more im sure since you wanna gain
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Check out the article below: It'll give you some great guidelines on modifying your lifestyle to gain.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-muscle-growth

Cheers!
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did't mean to be "that guy" for all you folks trying desperately to lose lbs. :$ I would gladly take them off your hands, if I could. I'm going to start with Egger's (great website) and Erica's (simple creatine tip) recommendations, but no pizza Niner.... I'm on a limited budget, so I can't go overboard with supplements or pizza. Thanks again, but keep the posts coming!
  • AWllms87
    AWllms87 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey I'm a skinny chick TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT myself. I'm not aiming to become a body builder or anything. I just want to actually look my age and not be mistaken for a child anymore. It's just as hard to gain and keep weight on just as it is for people to lose and keep weight off. Seriously! It's like I lose weight that I don't want to lose in my sleep. And my weight fluctuates due to different levels of stress. So if I'm really stressed out about something, my weight goes down.

Someone told me to drink protein shakes like Ensure Plus to help gain and maintain weight. There are not very expensive at all and counts for 350 calories in each bottle. Look into it.