Pink Diamond Support Group

Options
Just thought I'd post a thread for us Pink Diamonds to get to know each other better. With the support and motivation from our teammates we can dominate this competition...GO PINK!!!

Replies

• clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Go pinks good luck with the weigh in tomorrow
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... We've got this! How is everyone feeling this week?
  • clarech
    Options
    I'm not feeling to confident this week as ive been at my mils and they ate all my healthy food :( its also my TOM so I would be halt if I just don't gain. Other than that its been a nice first week of the holidays
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    What a great idea :-) As you know I am new to the DITR and the Pink team and I am very happy to be here. Almost my TOM so I am hoping it won't affect my weight (hahaha) but we'll see. Hope everyone is having a great day so far :-)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm new to DITR too this round but I am in another challenge that has groups and each group has it's own thread. It's been really helpful having a group of people to talk to about both concerns and victories I face in my weight loss journey. It's nice having the QOTD on the main page but here we can talk to each other about anything and keep Pink motivated to win!

I'm not feeling too great about this week either. I had a great loss last week but I gained a pound for my other challenges' weigh-in yesterday :cry: I'm working on getting it back down but I have a feeling I will only maintain (possible small loss) for tomorrow:ohwell: There is always next week... just gotta keep moving forward:wink:
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    doesn't bode well as its my TOM as well so.. I wondered why I hadn't lost any this week after I had a good week last week.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Niceee Thread :wink:

Weigh In YIKESSS!!! I am in bad shape this week :brokenheart:

How abt U PINKIES???
  • CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi, fellow pinks! Good idea with this thread. :)
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    nice idea ladies. Just over TOM myself (which did impact me last week) so I'm hopeful for a decent weigh in in spite of a very late dinner tonight - but ate ok and drank lots of water! we'll see what the morning brings!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Good Luck with weigh-in tomorrow ladies!
  • clarech
    Options
    Morning ladies I gained 1lb :sad: I hope you all got better results! I'm going to have to try really hard for the next week!

Have any of you got anything excited planned for the weekend?
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY :bigsmile:

Lost nothing:blushing:
  • pverbarg
    Options
    Decent weigh in for me this week (but coming off a not so great one!)

Nascar Race weekend here in Indiana, so we're planning to go to the track. it will be a cheap race for us this year - one of the local groceries had an offer that with a qualifying purchase you could get 2 tickets (not cheap ones either), so we did it that way! Love saving $$$!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    :brokenheart: I gained .8lbs

I had a tuff weekend last week... We had a 3 on 3 street basketball competition all weekend and it was hot and I didn't drink nearly enough water then went out and drank whiskey on Friday and Saturday which TOTALLY didn't help the situation.

At least if we all have low numbers or gains this week we should pull some awesome numbers next right!

We managed to get rid of all the kids this weekend so my hubby and I are gonna go celebrate our anniversary (it was monday) at the lake. Should be fun.. we've never gone without the kids before so maybe we can get some long walks/hikes in without complaints:wink:
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    So I need some advice about my oldest daughter. She is very overweight teetering on being an obese child (she's 10) All day long she's constantly looking for something to eat saying she's hungry and what not. When I started to eat right I got rid of all the crap food that we used to eat, so now she goes for other stuff like a mayo sandwich and stuff like that. And it has gotten a little worse since she spent 3 weeks with her morbidly obese father and his family who are all either overweight or morbidly obese. And the part that surprised me with my daughter was that the day I picked her up at the train station she made a comment that her father ate 2 slices of pizza and 1 6" subway meatball sandwich. When she asked that I just simply asked her if she noticed how heavy he was and she said yes and I told her that's what happens when you eat like that day after day and you don't exercise and what not.

But it seems like she's back to wanting sugary stuff and just not making healthy choices. Like I said I have gotten rid of all junk food in the house, I do have to go shopping next week when we have money to get fruits and veggies in the house but I just am at a loss as to what to do, she's starting middle school in sept. and she doesn't even want to exercise to try and help herself, I just really don't know what to do :-(
  • clarech
    Options
    Hi my 6year old daughter is like that at the moment I find its mainly when she's bored and if I keep her busy she forgets. She's like a stick at the moment but I don't want her to get problems later in life. I also take her for walks and race her i know she's a bit younger but my other half is obese and I don't want her picking up his habbits so I just have to be the bad guy and say no to everything.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but wanted to let you know your not alone
  • pverbarg
    Options
    what a hard balance, especially when it sounds like her dad is not supporting healthy choices. It sounds like you've made a first good step in eliminating the junk from the house - if it's not there, she cannot eat it. In terms of exercise, have you tried just inviting her on some healthy activities, or just plan some to get her out and doing things? Plan a picnic in the park but make plans to walk some trails, ride bikes, go out and shoot baskets at a basketball court, or any other activity that would sneak in some exercise without her really thinking about it being exercise..

It's such a hard balance though, between wanting desperately for your child to make healthy choices and being sensitive to how fragile young egos can be! Role modeling healthy choices is honeslty one of the best things you can ever do!

My daughter has been a little overweight, but it really took her wanting to make a change to do it, but she's enough older to really be self aware right now too. She's joined the healthy eating (for the most part), and has been exercising more. She was actually funny this weekend, as I commented on how good she was looking and she did a rundown of all the bad things she ate in the last week. Understand she's in the middle of band camp and is marching 6-8 hours per day in the heat right now and really can eat anything she wants and still lose right now...

you are definitely not alone! No easy answer but we're all in this together!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Mn that's tuff! Maybe you could find some sweeter tasting healty stuff like dried fruit or frozen yogurt to help replace that sugary craving that she is having. My biggest part of advice would be to find her some exercise. It sounds like you do okay with the food end but she has to get out there and move. I personally would offer her anything under the sun to getting her moving... I mean anything. It doesn't have to look like exercise to actually do the trick. She could be running through a sprinkler, take her to a water park, take her to the zoo (lots of walking there). Anything to keep her active. Good luck and do always keep in mind her sensitivity and vulnerability at this age because one mistaken comment could crumble her in a second.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How's everyone feeling so far this week? I think I held on to a lot of water weight last week, I'm starting to see better numbers on the scale now, thank goodness. I was planning on going camping this weekend again but it looks like I might have to work Friday (3pm to 1am) and I'm not sure if it'll be do-able. My youngest nephew has been asking to come see me though so I should be getting him probably tomorrow night. He never gets to come hang out with me so i'm pretty excited!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    So far so good...however I am starting my TOM so I don't know how that is going to affect the scale. On an awesome note with that I have pretty much avoided eating sweets and salty stuff this month YAY!! That is my weakness during that, we had pizza and I wanted so bad to order buffalo wings and I had planned on it, then at the last moment I changed my mind and ordered 1 slice with eggplant and 1 slice with broccoli and onions and they were awesome especially the eggplant one. So yeah that's about it so far this week :-)