Need a Fruit Salad Recipe

Options
MollySue30
MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
Hello, I am going to try and see if anyone has a good fruit salad recipe, I am trying to get in the mood of Thanksgiving and going to try and make it healthy for me and my family. I have been doing really good and a fruit salad is something that I can handle during all of the food I have to see in about a 2 weeks. So I am just curious if anyone had a good one. Thanks

Molly

Replies

• MollySue30
    Options
    Hello, I am going to try and see if anyone has a good fruit salad recipe, I am trying to get in the mood of Thanksgiving and going to try and make it healthy for me and my family. I have been doing really good and a fruit salad is something that I can handle during all of the food I have to see in about a 2 weeks. So I am just curious if anyone had a good one. Thanks

Molly
  • Lauren882
    Options
    I don't know how elaborate you want to go with your salad but a really simple and great one is one my mom has always used.

You just cut up any fresh fruit you like, I've always used cherries, grapes, apples, blueberries, pineapple (I get that from the can!), peaches, really anything you like and add 2 sugar free vanilla pudding cups. The pudding adds a great flavor and holds everything together.

-Lauren
  • bricker06
    Options
    2 cans fruit cocktail
    1 small package sugar fee vanilla pudding
    1 small container fat free cool whip
    Mix and enjoy. You would have to decide what a serving size is and figure out the cals.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    i like to use what is in season for the most part. So, for now, I would use pears, apples, orange segments, maybe some banana since they are pretty much the same all year round (but only is I am eating it that same day. Banana doesn't do well sitting sliced up in a salad!) Then, I add a container of fat free yogurt to the bowl and gently mix it all up. Whatever flavor you want works...strawberry is particularly good. Some pomegrante arils would add a nice crunch to it also, or maybe some slivered toasted almonds.
  • MollySue30
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
    I will try those out!!!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I don't know how elaborate you want to go with your salad but a really simple and great one is one my mom has always used.

You just cut up any fresh fruit you like, I've always used cherries, grapes, apples, blueberries, pineapple (I get that from the can!), peaches, really anything you like and add 2 sugar free vanilla pudding cups. The pudding adds a great flavor and holds everything together.

-Lauren

Mmmmm.....pudding! :heart: :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have a couple at home...but it's more of a citrus dressing that goes over a fruit salad. It's always a success for me. Let me know if you are interested.