Hope Im on a good track

Options
Been here about 18 days or so and I love it !! - Im hoping what Im doing is correct, have been reading so many different things and I have never really had to loose weight before, but my thyroid and getting comfortable .. older has made me pack on some pounds ,. and it was time once again ( I did this when i was 38 ) and I didnt stay with it.. Now it is a lifestyle but I have worked on eating right for years and Im not green, but I try to do organic and healthy as much as possible.. ( grow alot my own stuff )
I havent a scale and Im thinking inches before pounds and thats new to me.. But the clothes will reflect all that.. so read my diary and let me know what u think ? thanks in advance

Replies

• luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great when you make your own meals, lots of whole grains, fruits, and veggies. I know it's difficult when you're busy, but I would say try to cut out the eating out (mcds, waffle house stuff), and up your water! That's about it - mostly your food choices are really good!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    You're right-the clothes will reflect your healthy changes before anything else. Feel free to add me as a friend. Glad to offer support and can always use the encouragement! :smile:
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    First of all, Thanks for the friend request! You're doing great! Love your pic with the little one. :smile:

A couple of suggestions:
    On water intake. I started drinking water with meals, even if I have something else to drink, like milk or tea. I feel full a lot faster. And yes, I count it towards my water intake. Others may tell you not to, but it works for me!

Agree with the suggestions on eating out. Found I lose more weight when I eat at home. That being said, you will find restaurant meals on my food diaries often. I am losing slower but that's OK with me!

Finally, on the exercise, I think the number of calories burned built into MFP is high. This is compared to what the Y elliptical machine says on calories burned. The machine numbers are about 2/3 of MFP numbers. Food for thought (sorry, couldn't resist)

Keep on going and good luck. See you on MFP!