Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help me use my peppers!!! :'(

2»

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Back to report:

I honestly intended to make the soup. But my skillet was beckoning. So, I dumped 3 chopped peppers and 1 chopped sweet onion in some EVOO into the skillet, added a big spoonful of garlic, a couple of red-skinned potatoes I had laying around, and let them all brown nicely.

Then I threw in 1.5 cups of (uncooked) basmati rice and let it brown and stick;

added the rest of a bottle of Muer Glen Organic (Beef Bolognese) spaghetti sauce and about 2.5 c of chicken stock I'd made (and thawed), and all of my browned beef.

I then threw the whole skillet in the oven at 375* and the smells that emitted made me so hungry that my stomach almost ate my liver.

I haven't tried it yet. Waiting for DH to get home :-D Added parmesan after removing from the oven after 45 minutes.

Thanks again all :)
  • I made recipes for the past two nights using peppers. The first one was a taco salad but instead of using salsa, cuz I don't like spicy foods at all, I used a red pepper. yesterday I made chicken quesadilla and added peppers, onions and corn to it and they both were REALLY good. The first one I found from a person I'm following on tumblr.com and the other is on skinnytaste.com. You could always make a vegetable medley tro (as I like to call it) and saute them with others the you like.