If you eat right and drink tons of water???

Options
I walk on the treadmill or at home for 45 min a day.
If I eat right and drink lots of water will I still loose the weight?

I have 15-20 pounds to lose before I get pregnant or shall I say I am trying now and hope to get rid of the weight.

Does anyone have any other ideas that could help me???

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I have 15-20 pounds to lose before I get pregnant or shall I say I am trying now and hope to get rid of the weight.

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I find when I don't drink my water...I eat more and sabotage myself. (like yesterday I didn't even drink 1/2 of my 64 oz, and ended up going on a mini binge of Triscuits last night.)

Water is definitely a staple for me on this journey.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Those triscuits are evil....

Yes, you game plan is sound.
    IF you eat right (or in right proportions) and drink your water (which I struggle with). You should do great.
    Working out is always a bonus (don't forget to eat those exercise calories).
  • mbb8682
    Options
    I love water.

But for those of you who hate it try the propel packets I can't remember how many calories are in the packs but they make it taste great and you get the vitamins that you need.
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You might also try switching up your exercise every once in a while. If you do the same thing everyday your body gets use to it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's not just about eating right, you have to eat with a deficit (500 per day for 1 lb a week... etc). Making good choices when it comes to food is important for good nutrition but it won't make you lose weight. Theoretically you could eat nothing but snickers bars and still lose weight as long as you have a deficit... but I don't recommend it... lol you'd be pretty malnourished. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    On the food tab, I see how you can click on the glass to make sure you get 8 glasses per day. What is a "glass." I'm averaging just over one liter a day. Should I be drinking more? Less? I don't know!
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Wouldn't taht be great to eat nothing but snickers.

But that could be how some of us got to the place we are today like me and butterfingers.

I am trying to switch it up its hard when you get in that routine but I am trying.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I love water also and the Propel packets only make it better. There are 10 calories per serving, two servings per packet. I also like the Crystal Light On The Go, 5 calories per serving 2 servings per packet, Lipton Green Tea To Go 0 calories per serving and 2 per packet and Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch Singles 5 calories per serving and 2 per packet. All kinds of flavors low calorie and sure helps break up the taste.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    A glass is 8 ozs. :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    On the food tab, I see how you can click on the glass to make sure you get 8 glasses per day. What is a "glass." I'm averaging just over one liter a day. Should I be drinking more? Less? I don't know!

I think it actually says "cup" it should say glass. it means an 8 oz glass.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

8oz is a glass. :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

1 liter = roughly 34 ounces
    So 1L is 4.25 "cups" of water a day.
    You'd want to be drinking closer to 2L a day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Lots of great info on the multiple links in the above thread. :flowerforyou:
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options

1 liter = roughly 34 ounces
    So 1L is 4.25 "cups" of water a day.
    You'd want to be drinking closer to 2L a day.

Thank you! I'm happy to know that.