Ditching the beer!

Options
suzieduh
suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
OK, I love a cold beer or cider when I get home from a long day at work. But one always leads to 2 or 3 lol. I started logging the calories on MFP and was shocked! Now I understand why I have gained 25lbs in the last 10 years or so (since I turned 18 and could buy it lol)

I have now decided to cut down completely and save the alcohol for Saturday nights only. Hopefully I can take off those 25lbs soon!

Wish me luck!:drinker: :sad:

Replies

• kobunski
    kobunski Posts: 18
    Options
    This sounds incredible! I bet you'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel too!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    welcome to being old.
    sorry it gets worse.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Your emoticons cracked me up. Good luck!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That was one of my weight gain factors, too. Once you realize how many calories are in one Bud Light (don't even ASK me how much I miss my Sam Adams Boston Lager!), it makes you want to eat those calories in good food instead. Awesome choice there!! Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    welcome to being old.
    sorry it gets worse.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love beer!!! I had to put it down when I decided to lose weight. I found a wonderful 55 calorie beer by Budweiser that I am able to enjoy every now and then. Good luck!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    welcome to being old.
    sorry it gets worse.

So wait...the white hairs in my nose is the beginning and not the end?!? Yeek! :smile:

Seriously, though, good luck with the new approach. I like the taste of real beer (good beer) too much to either give it up or go light, but moderation here, as in all things, is the key.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    welcome to being old.
    sorry it gets worse.

hahahaha - so funny, if only it weren't so true.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nooo. Not the beer! :( I love Blue Moon but it has so many calories I switched to MGD 64 after work, I can work in 64 calories into my budget. Also the Skinny Girl Margarita's are good and are 100 calories per serving.

good luck!
  • vettefan06
    Options
    Having a drink is kind of like having a potato chip...You can't just have 1!!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    welcome to being old.
    sorry it gets worse.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this.

ME TOO! LOL!!!!!
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Beer is a treat for me now as well. Love Widmer
  • Liz_E
    Liz_E Posts: 14
    Options
    I completely understand! I gained 30lbs over 5 years! Beer is just so tasty! I had to limit as well to lose weight. I'm a little over 2 months in and I've lost 20 lbs. I still enjoy drinking, but now I limit it to once a week...
  • schibs
    schibs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Beer has definitely been a vice for my wife and I. We still enjoy a couple on weekends but have totally cut it out during the week. It just tastes so good as soon as it hits your lips!
  • aprilhale
    aprilhale Posts: 1
    Options
    i love some cold beer lol not 1 but some, i really want to lose 30 pds and it sounds so easy but when hubby gets home we always have a cold beer then it leads to another, now we are just going to drink on sat and im going to stick with vodka and diet pepsi
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That was so difficult for me in Portland, OR ... so many breweries and wineries! And Beer and Wine Festivals. I wanted to try them all. Now I'm back in Florida where my choices are more limited. Maybe that will help :)
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    I can never fully ditch the Beers... however, I can patiently wait till the weekends!
  • schibs
    schibs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well tonight is not beers, it's Jack n coke!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had to cut down because I just can't justify having half of my calories in alcohol... gotta have nutrition!! Thankfully there is an upside -- hangovers happen way less often :)
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    well last night I had a few beers - but I had 300ml Bud 66 bottles, only 84cals a bottle! While my better half had 500ml tins of beer at 215cals a tin!! Feeling very pleased with myself!

Oh and I lost 2.5lbs this week :drinker: :bigsmile: