New mom trying to shed pounds

irishjcrn
irishjcrn Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I am trying to lose about 15-20 pounds and have been having trouble. I starting running again after my 6 week clearance which was almost 3 months ago and have not lost a single pound. I never had to diet before because exercise would usually keep me thin but apparently not anymore.

Replies

• Hi there, I am trying to lose about 15-20 pounds and have been having trouble. I starting running again after my 6 week clearance which was almost 3 months ago and have not lost a single pound. I never had to diet before because exercise would usually keep me thin but apparently not anymore.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Congratulations on your new baby!:flowerforyou: Use the site and all it's tools, read the forums and you should do fine. Babies tend to change us up a little bit, but they are worth it! Welcome!!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    I had my second daughter 15 weeks ago, and I am in the same boat! I have never had a weight issue before, so these 20 pds are pissing me off! But I really want to get into my size 2 jeans! So here I am as well! We can do this together! Others have posted some excellent meal ideas, check em out! Good LUCK!!!!!!
  • I just had my third. It takes a while . . . Just remember, if you are breastfeeding you need to eat 1500-1800 calories a day at a minimum or your milk supply might drop. I input daily calories of 2000 and then input exercise of 400 calories a day sure to breastfeeding. It has really helped me drop the weight to track the calories this way. I am losing about 2.5-3 pounds a week by following this plan. GOOD LUCK.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    It takes a long time for your body chemistry to get back to normal after a pregnancy (up to 12 months!!), so be patient with yourself during this journey. Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.