An Unexpected Fast!

Options
Frannswaz
Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
So today I had an unexpected fast. After a good breakfast of cooked oats and a smattering of raisins i had a cup of tea and a bottle water until dinner time! I was going to fret about going into 'starvation mode' and all that but then I figured since I was not going to earning any extra 'exercise calories today it wasnot too much of a disaster. Dinner was singapore noodles, tofu, pea and mint soup and loads of salad. Just polished off some pisachios. Surprisingly I am not famished! Part of it I think was that I couldn't be asked to buy junk off the 'high street'. I've been at home for a week and have been able to control exactly what and when I eat. It was a bit of a shock to the system I think to have all the choice in the world and yet unwillingly to loss control of what and when I eat. Hence the fast. I know I was not properly prepared today. I should have taken a 'pack lunch'. Thats defintely the plan for tomorrow.

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat for 10-12 hours
    Was worrying about starvation mode

If that's all it took for your body's metabolism to slow down, then we'd all be screwed.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You are making me hungry!!!!
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat for 10-12 hours
    Was worrying about starvation mode

If that's all it took for your body's metabolism to slow down, then we'd all be screwed.

LOL!

Seriously, it takes 72 hours of no food to go into "starvation" mode.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    IMO.... a person needs to go a minimum of 24 hours without food to be considered "fasting". Breakfast to Supper is NBD.
    Don't fret over it.
    Besides, "Starvation Mode" is defined by HOW MANY calories you (didn't) eat, not how long you went between meals.
    You'll be fine.

*Edit for Spelling Correction -- Because I'm a Grammar Nazi.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yep 'starvation mode' was defintely an overstatement.

Just filled in my food diary and my total calorie intake is just over 900 calories! Not much stravation going on there at all - just delaying the calories.:smile:

I'll have to try get up to my 1800 calories tomorrow though - cardio and strength training. Luvving the exercise calories!