What's the weirdest DIET food?

Options
What's the weirdest diet food you have had while trying to lose weight?

For me, it's Campbell's split pea soup. I have never had it before and although it's not really a "diet" food, the only time I've ever had it is when I began my diet so to me....it's my weird diet food choice lol. This soup smells the whole office up and wow, what an interesting smell haha!

Replies

• LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My weirdest is pumpkin. I open up a can, sweeten and spice it, and eat it. It fills me up. There's not a lot of calories. And the best part is...it grosses out my husband. HA HA!:laugh:
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you mention peas. When I was in the 9th grade, I lost a lot of weight. And for the most part, I was just as active as before, but I would literally eat a can of peas for a meal. That was it. Weird I know, but at 15 it worked :-) I would never do it now of course.
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    bump I so have to read this
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Nori.

It's seaweed made into black paper. Hop over to your nearest co op to get it-- You will probably gag :D !
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Canned sardines, in Louisianna Hot Sauce. Yum!
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My weirdest is pumpkin. I open up a can, sweeten and spice it, and eat it. It fills me up. There's not a lot of calories. And the best part is...it grosses out my husband. HA HA!:laugh:

I'm actually going to try it. It doesn't sound bad to me at all.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles - never before had I had noodles that smelled like fish... And, I WON'T be having them again!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Nori.

It's seaweed made into black paper. Hop over to your nearest co op to get it-- You will probably gag :D !

I love Nori, but I've never had it ground up! I get it in sheets, just the seaweed dried out and use it instead of tortillas to make wraps and stuff!

For me, anything processed and loaded with sodium that claims to be "diet" food is weird...
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    Nori.

I did...tried it and gagged.

My friend used to drink pickle juice right outta the jar. Not a big fan of the pickle juice but I hear it burns fat...true? who knows.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Coconut WATER. It reminded me of old, wet towels and puke.

::hork::
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Cartons of egg whites. Almost pure protein, but my god the consistency of eating JUST the whites from a carton similar to what you get milk in is disturbing :/
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options

It is AWESOME! Me and my mom love the stuff.
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Magic Pops.... They were a cross between a tortialla/chip/cracker/stryofoam/air type of thing. They had no flavor and the texture was similar to packaging peanuts. They had hardly any calorie. I would spread pb and honey or hummus on them and crunch away. They were very very odd.... I never bought them again... I can't imagine why.
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I second the Shirataki noodles. Blech!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cucumber juice. From when I was doing my juice fast a few weeks back.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat cucumbers again.

Ever.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options

It is AWESOME! Me and my mom love the stuff.

I have a can at home that's been sitting there since last fall. I think I'm going to try to do something with it now! Great idea!
  • vintagefool
    Options
    Nori.

No way! Roasted nori is delicious.

Fat free, lactose free "cheese" still strikes me as odd. Tofu noodles just aren't the same as the regular sort... wish Hungry Girl would stop pimping them in her pasta swaps so much, because I have no desire to consume crunchy tofu noodles!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Kale chips, whole family actually loves them but thought I was nuts the first time I made them.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    What's the weirdest diet food you have had while trying to lose weight?

For me, it's Campbell's split pea soup. I have never had it before and although it's not really a "diet" food, the only time I've ever had it is when I began my diet so to me....it's my weird diet food choice lol. This soup smells the whole office up and wow, what an interesting smell haha!

I make my own split pea soup! Its just 4 ingredients: split peas, onion, carrot, and extra lean ham. Anyone can do it and put their recipe in MFP.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Coconut WATER. It reminded me of old, wet towels and puke.

::hork::

Yes, I completely agree. I also third (?) the shirataki noodles.