Recipe Mission--Salmon and Tilapia

2»

Replies

• jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    I like to use tilapia for fish tacos, as well, though I skip the tortilla and use bibb lettuce as my 'wrap'. A little cajun seasoning and a nice limey cabbage slaw and some avocado on top and it's delicious!
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    take tilapia and put into aluminum foil pouch with some olive oil and whatever seasoning you want.. i like parsley, garlic and greek seasoning. fold up and back at 350 for 25ish minutes. squeeze some fresh lemon on it... YUM!

I love to cook fish in a foil pouch, such easy cleanup afterwards. In the summer I cook it right on the grill but will bake it in the winter time.
  • ellennow
    ellennow Posts: 568
    I love this recipe and make it one a week!

Baked Tilapia and Fresh Spinach (VERY EASY)

Ingredients:
    •4 to 6 tilapia filets
    •cooking spray
    •8 to 12 ounces baby spinach, cleaned
    •1/8 to 1/4 cup chicken broth (I find that 1/8 works until your putting over pasta)
    • 2 - 3 garlic cloves minced
    •1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    •salt and pepper
    •Creole seasoning blend (old bay or tony's)
    •2 small tomato, chopped (I have used 1/2 can of rotel drained in a pinch and it's great)
    •4 green onions, thinly sliced

Preparation:

Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the spinach. If necessary to make the spinach fit it into the baking dish, steam or saute the spinach for a minute or two to wilt slightly.

Sprinkle spinach with salt and pepper and onion powder and minced garlic; add the chicken broth. Sprinkle tilapia filets with salt, pepper, and Creole seasonings. Arrange the filets over the spinach and sprinkle with chopped tomato and sliced green onion. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes and uncoverd for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
    Serves 4.