Who has 15-20 lbs to lose?

Options
I was just reading another post and wanted to start this one.

Ladies that have that univited lbs to get rid of lets be a support system for each other and check in everyday so we know how the other one os doing.

Who is in?

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was just reading another post and wanted to start this one.

Ladies that have that univited lbs to get rid of lets be a support system for each other and check in everyday so we know how the other one os doing.

Who is in?
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am!!

I read that post too and I wondered if there was one for less weight.. I'd love to lose 10 by christmas, then the next 5 or 10 as my new year's goal. I can't start today though. I havent been on the wagon for a while now.. haha.. but i get my wisdom teeth out on Saturday and I dont know I'm going to deal with that.. I secretly hope that i will lose because i wont be able to eat solids!! Then hopefully I'll be used to eating less and try to keep it that way.. I call it my wisdom teeth diet!! haha
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Just make sure not to drink out a straw or suck anything. And if you have to spit let it run into a napkin.

I used to work for a dentist for 9 years. You don't want a dry socket those are so painful.
  • laird20k
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Just make sure not to drink out a straw or suck anything. And if you have to spit let it run into a napkin.

I used to work for a dentist for 9 years. You don't want a dry socket those are so painful.

Thanks!! Dry socket is what I'm afraid of. I'm fine with needles and surgery. I'm scared of the rot taste and the after pain!! Oh and I've never heard of the spitting thing, I probably would have spit normally! Thank you so much!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Thanks!! Dry socket is what I'm afraid of. I'm fine with needles and surgery. I'm scared of the rot taste and the after pain!! Oh and I've never heard of the spitting thing, I probably would have spit normally! Thank you so much!!

OMG, listen to the woman! I ended up puking from the pain medication & blew all 4 of my clots. Worse pain than child birth. No joke. Then they have to shove them full of horrible stuff to get them to close. Worst dental experience of my life & I had been through quite a few. Good luck!

I have 15# left! Woo! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I should add that I had all 3 of my children naturally, too. Still, dry socket...worse pain ever. :noway: I will pray that you don't get it!
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Bless you I have not had children yet hopefully soon but WOW.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but I think it is b/c I tried to do too much the day after. I had just got engaged & the pain meds made me feel like I was doing pretty good so my mom & I went out to wedding dress shop. Between the pain medication, the actual pain & the trip in the car, it was just too much. Take it easy & follow dr. orders & I'm sure you'll be fine.

mbb - Good luck on the baby front! Just don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. It'll happen. :flowerforyou: It took us 7 months with our first.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    Thank you. I need all the support because it is so discouraging.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

OMG, listen to the woman! I ended up puking from the pain medication & blew all 4 of my clots. Worse pain than child birth. No joke. Then they have to shove them full of horrible stuff to get them to close. Worst dental experience of my life & I had been through quite a few. Good luck!

I have 15# left! Woo! :bigsmile:

ME TOO! Apparently I'm allergic to the anesthetic they used, I was so sick I wanted to die, not to mention I tore out ALL of my stitches from my wisdom teeth and from another oral surgery I had that same day. ugh. Mashed Potatoes. I recommend Mashed Potatoes.

Also, I have 18 lbs to lose! I'm in! I want to lose 8 by New Year's and have the other 10 as my New Year's Resolution. (maybe more, we'll see... lol)
    :flowerforyou:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 19 to go!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    me too, I'd like to lose about 18 more:drinker:
  • laird20k
    Options
    AHHH!!! Now I'm really nervous. I've had the anesthesia before so that shouldnt be a problem but I didnt take the pain medication from the last surgery I had!! I plan to this time, I'm pretty confident that i will need them after reading these posts.. I wish they could put under anesthesia until I was healed!! haha

A girl I know had a bad reaction too.. She was off work for a week because her face was so swollen and bruised. Her chest was bruised too b/c the Dr. leaned on her when he was pulling the teeth out!! She was a vegan so maybe she didnt have enough protien or something to heal properly though!
  • theinfamouswho
    Options
    :smile: Don't get discouraged. My oldest daughter has a 4 yr. old and so wanted more children but had just about given up when and lo, and behold the Lord blessed them with another little girl due next spring! I am of course a very happy Grammy!!
    And I know what you mean about the pain of the dry socket. I too have all my kids natural, six of them, and I had one dry socket, then when I went in to the dentist he used cold water on it (he didn't realize it wasn't warmed up yet) that pain on top of the other sent me threw the roof. So keep with the dr.s orders and there shouldn't be a problem!
    Back to the topic.....I am hoping to lose about 15 lbs by the time my new lil grand baby is here but I ger waylaid by those little snack calories. I am getting better though.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    AHHH!!! Now I'm really nervous. I've had the anesthesia before so that shouldnt be a problem but I didnt take the pain medication from the last surgery I had!! I plan to this time, I'm pretty confident that i will need them after reading these posts.. I wish they could put under anesthesia until I was healed!! haha

A girl I know had a bad reaction too.. She was off work for a week because her face was so swollen and bruised. Her chest was bruised too b/c the Dr. leaned on her when he was pulling the teeth out!! She was a vegan so maybe she didnt have enough protien or something to heal properly though!

Just TAKE THE NAUSEA MEDICINE!!

I got mine pulled...I just got general anesthetic and felt my bottom left tooth get pulled, so if you can get the nitrous, do that. Or just communicate if you can feel anything.

I got Percocet and didn't want the nausea meds because it was in suppository form. Well, I ended up throwing up for about 5 hours before my bf got back from work and could take me to get the medication. I was in soooooo much pain and had to take the maximum dose of my pain medication just to stay sane. The nausea meds knocked me out, but helped a lot.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am in for the challenge. I have 10-20 pounds left to lose....and it does not seem to want to go anywhere! It is very happy hanging around my tummy and thighs. But I say "BE GONE WITH YOU O STUBBORN LAST 15...BE GONE!!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On the teeth issue. I son had 4 taken out with no problem at all. He took the percocet and I made him Protein shakes. I bought Genesoy and just put it in milk. NO straws, but it tasted pretty good and he was able to keep it down.
    he also ate yogurt (no fruit as the seeds can stick and drive you crazy) I bought the swiss kind that was blended, mashed anything-think spuds and squash, they are high in nutrients.

Good luck. So sorry you have to go thru this!:flowerforyou:
  • Tati08
    Tati08 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in! I got 17 lbs to lose!
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    I'm In! I have 12 incredibly stubborn pounds to go!