I don't know what happened!!!! :(

Options
I was really on the ball. I was eating well and working out everyday. And I was feeling so much better because I was doing so.

So what happened? Now, I feel unmotivated completely. My drive just somehow...vanished. I feel bloated and lazy.
I have worked out a few times here and there, but not with the same heart I was before. And although I am not pigging out on junk food, I am not eating with the same heart either. I was making sure I got lots of protein and fiber, etc. But not lately.

I guess I am just looking for some motivation. :) Some clever words to give me a kick in the *kitten*. I need it because the scale is starting to go up slowly but surely. I had lost 13 pounds, putting me at 192. I am now up to 196. And creeping. :(

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When that happened to me, I changed my ticker to go from pounds that I needed to loose, to my actual weight.
    Lot more pressure to succeed that way.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey...you...SNAP OUT OF IT!!! That weight won't lose itself and I guarantee you are beating yourself up constantly on needing to lose it and be healthier, so what's stopping you? YOU!!! Get off your @$$ and get moving already!!!

If quitting is an option, you never intended to succeed.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    When I feel like that, I join the boards hard core. They always get me back to it!
  • Drea702
    Drea702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I was full speed ahead and lately I go to the gym and can barely get in 20 min of cardio before I am totally frustrated! Getting on here and reading your post and the replies is getting me back in!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    This always sucks. Motivation is the hardest thing to get back. The best thing to help me when I feel like I might just roll over and go back to bed or have just one more bite is accountability. If your diet isn't public, make it so, and put everything in there. Post what your planned workout is, so when you think about not doing it, you've made the announcement to the rest of us that you would. I don't like to say I'll do something and not do it, so if you want a friend to ask you why you haven't logged your workout when you said you would, I'm your chick.

When we lose motivation it is hard to be accountable to ourselves, but it's even harder to let other people down. So when you can't do it for yourself today, do it to keep your word.

Good luck! I'm here if you want my help.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was the same way for a couple of months gained 8lbs back and this past weekend my clothes weren't fitting right. Monday I got back on that wagon. It's hard. But I have to keep thinking of the feeling after I workout and now. My mood is better and I don't feel so lazy. I am not sitting around the house and taking naps here an there..
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ok, consider this a kick in the a**. YOU CAN DO THIS THING!! It usually happens. You start out all gungho with all sorts of energy and enthusiasm and it's easy to stick to a plan... for a while. Then life starts getting in the way. That's normal. But you have to dig down deep inside and revisit the reasons you started in the first place. All I can say is, time is going to go by whether you choose to do something with it or not. Do you want to be sitting in the same place you are now or worse, back where you were, a month from now? or do you want to choose to do it right now. Buckle down and do the hard work and in a month or so you'll be looking back on your accomplishments with pride!! We're here to support you, hold you accountable, offer you words of encouragement and support but only you can do this for YOU and you're worth it! Ok, mom's off her soapbox now.
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    It is an everyday thing. Forget about the past and work on today. I don't like working out. So I play golf. I take a walk. I do this for 30 minutes and it turns into 60. Eating that is the bigger problem. I want more. So now I eat about every 3 or 4 hours. Something small. A handful of nuts. A drink. A piece of bread. Yes, I want more, but if I wait for 30 minutes after eating, then I am not as hungry and I log the item here. It tells me the truth. Do I wish I could call anyone on demand to eat, to exercise? Yes! But that is not practical so I do these little things by myself.

At year end I will make progress and get close to my goal. I want to reach it now. But that is really silly. A dream. So I have to trust the small steps. Hang in there. Stay on track and peek in with photos of yourself or weigh yourself about once a month. You will be happier. Would you email me in a month or post a note with your progress? I know you can do it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Remember these are lifestyle changes you are making. Make your goal to make better decisions than the day before. It doesn't have to be radical ...... it just has to be better.

You have to learn how to crawl before you can walk. You have to learn how to walk before you can run. You WILL get there!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    You need to challenge yourself. When I work out, I keep track of certain things/goals so I can beat it the next time. For example, when I go jogging I see how far I can jog before having to walk. Maybe this particular day I made it to a certain landmark (like a telephone poll) and I see that there is another landmark further up. So next time I go, my goal is to reach that new landmark before resorting to walking. After a while, that first landmark I stopped at weeks/months ago is fading in the wind. And it feels good knowing that I am getting better.

If you can find a way to make your works out not seem like "work", you will do it more often and enjoy it. I love detailing cars and it is a lot of hard work. Back and arms are usually sore the next day. I have 4 cars so I did 1 a day for 4 days. That burned a lot of calories for that week. I was actually looking for more cars to do since all my cars are now clean...haha.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    :smile: When I need to get back on track, I take it in baby steps.... first I focus on just tracking all my food intake (good or bad), after a couple of days of that, I work on getting my exercise in during the day or making sure I'm drinking 48 oz of water, whatever. Then before I know it, I'm back on track.

And asking for help is a good sign you are ready and willing to get back on the weight loss wagon!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Zombies motivate me. When they show up will I be able to run, jump, climb, and shoot to escape?

No? Then I'd better get to work. :smile:

Also... If you're a fan of action movies... What Would Jason Statham Do? :bigsmile:
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I’ve felt my own motivation waning lately too. It’s disheartening to see your ticker fluctuate. For me setting an exercise goal for myself within specified timeframe helps keep me on track. For example, I’m currently training for a 10k to be completed in October. It’s an ambitious goal for me because I’ve never ran more than 3 miles in my life.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pinterest.com - search for running/fitness. works everytime. ALSO, i started a thread about superficial motivation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294960-superficial-motivation?hl=superficial+motivation

it keeps me going sometimes, it also makes me laugh.

Find a really vain reason you are doing this whole crazy life style change and focus on THAT on those really tough days.

Also, find a best friend who will give you a smack and tell you to get off your hiney and get back on track.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to join a challenge. Become accountable to team members. I also agree with what was said earlier about joining in the boards hard core. That will get you back in the groove. It did for me. I was where you were just a couple of weeks ago. I got my *kitten* in gear and made some new friends. I exchanged cell numbers with some of them to text when I was needing some support. The people on this site have made ALL the difference in the world to me.

You can do it, you just have to want to and get involved!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I made a vision board. A poster that had pictures of the things I wanted to do, wear, etc. that I could do at a smaller size ... and of the people that I wanted to be around to love for a very very very long time :)
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Remember these are lifestyle changes you are making. Make your goal to make better decisions than the day before. It doesn't have to be radical ...... it just has to be better.

You have to learn how to crawl before you can walk. You have to learn how to walk before you can run. You WILL get there!
    i totally agree with this maybe you were trying to hard before just try to do a little better each day and climb that hill one step at a time
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Things in Life seem to get in the way of our goals. Whatever is happening, it is an 'inconveniece' (large or small) it will pass. Our goal is a fixed attainable event that gives us strength as we work to achieve it. Get strength from what you have accomplished already. You deserve to reach your Goal. Don't think about how long of a road it is.
    It is not XXX day in a row. It is ONE day in a row.....XXX times. I know you can do this. Hang in there, cause I may need you next time.
  • middleofseven
    Options
    I would like the same kind of help!! I thik it has to do with a new medication causing me to retain water YUCK:sad:
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Amanda! Snap out of this funk...

Here, watch this...this could be you! Buff, Beautiful and b*****in'! hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWkPRSE-W4

Cheers!