Does anybody know any good salad dressing recipes?

Options
Healthy_Hannah483
Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
I'm trying not to consume a lot of bad things. I looked on the ingredient list on my salad dressing and there's a bunch of stuff I don't like! A vinaigrette would be the best, I try to stay away from the creamier salad dressings like ranch. If it has the nutritional info, that'd be even better.
Thanks!

Replies

• Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    a little lemon juice and a dash of salt simple and has a really fresh taste
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like to make a salad dressing that is equal parts olive oil (or flax seed oil), lemon juice, and bragg's liquid aminos (which you can get at whole foods, or you can substitute soy sauce). Simple and delicious.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    SImpy Natural, Organic Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette.

or you can make your own. I like Extra Virgin Olive Oil + apple cider vinegar.

you could swap in normal vinegar + add garlic + add some dijon mustard too.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of teh Newman's Own lite dressings? The balsamic vinagrette isn't bad at all. My favorite is a raspberry walnut that is awesome. It's 70 cals but for 2 TBSP, so if you wanted to half that to just one TBSP, that would be good too. You won't be disappointed!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can add one for you later today :)
  • ValerieSW
    ValerieSW Posts: 32
    Options
    It *is* a creamy dressing but it's really low fat - blue cheese dressing from www.skinnytaste.com. I use double the amount of greek yogurt that she does and I usually don't put in the mayo, which makes it only 48 cals per tablespoon. I LOVE it! I use it as a dip for snacking on celery and carrots when I'm really hungry between meals.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My favorite is lemon juice and olive oil with a dash of salt. Vinaigrette instead of lemon juice also gives your salad a little 'tang':)
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like this recipe. you can really use any vinegar and oil in it AND how much you put in. my fav is when I make it with balsamic and olive oil. yum! the best part about this recipe is that you make enough dry mix to make a few batches. That way you don't have to do all the spice mixing each time. I hope you like it.

Italian dressing mix

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon garlic salt
    * 1 tablespoon onion powder
    * 1 tablespoon white sugar
    * 2 tablespoons dried oregano
    * 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    * 1 teaspoon dried basil
    * 1 tablespoon dried parsley
    * 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
    * 2 tablespoons salt

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
    2. To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, vinegar & salt, simple and delicious.