What are your favorite running shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Newton Running. Will never go back to a thick-heeled shoe again.
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got fitted at a running store and ended up getting Mizuno's. Trained and ran a half marathon in them.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Brooks beast is all I've worn for the last three years. My pediatrist suggested them because I pronate. I also use a black sole insert. #feelsgreatman

I must pass this on to my sis! Thank you.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am newly converted to Brooks Trance 10. I over-protonate and this puppies made my run today, shin splints and all, feel quite lovely. I also got fitted by a running store, I suggest anyone looking to run more than a mile a day think about it too!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    no one has said New Balance yet? That's what I use. I chose them over Saucony because they come in wides... and I got some wide feet.
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    My sister who is a trained specalits in fitting for running shoes had me come into the sports store she works at and try on few different kinds that she thought would help with a prior knee injury I had and she even made bring in my old runnig shoes to look at the wear patterns on the bottom to get better idea of how my foot impacts when I run. She knew right away from my knee injury and having high arches the top three I should try on and that I need a good stablity runner. So eneded up with Mizuno Wave Creations 11 that was about a year ago and they were awsome! I just got my second pair in April and have the Mizuno Wave Creations 12 and they are just as great as the first pair!
  • Licacorona
    Options
    I am newly converted to Brooks Trance 10. I over-protonate and this puppies made my run today, shin splints and all, feel quite lovely. I also got fitted by a running store, I suggest anyone looking to run more than a mile a day think about it too!

I will get fitted! I'm excited about this. I had no idea about this. Thank you!
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Nike running shoes.. they're awesome
  • Licacorona
    Options
    Big thanks to everyone for being so helpful.:flowerforyou:
  • Licacorona
    Options
    My sister who is a trained specalits in fitting for running shoes had me come into the sports store she works at and try on few different kinds that she thought would help with a prior knee injury I had and she even made bring in my old runnig shoes to look at the wear patterns on the bottom to get better idea of how my foot impacts when I run. She knew right away from my knee injury and having high arches the top three I should try on and that I need a good stablity runner. So eneded up with Mizuno Wave Creations 11 that was about a year ago and they were awsome! I just got my second pair in April and have the Mizuno Wave Creations 12 and they are just as great as the first pair!

I see Mizuno is pretty popular. I'm def going to the store to get fitted. I'm curious to try them out myself. It's the first time I hear about them but I'm a rookie ;)
  • Stutz77
    Options

I see Mizuno is pretty popular. I'm def going to the store to get fitted. I'm curious to try them out myself. It's the first time I hear about them but I'm a rookie ;)
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    no one has said New Balance yet? That's what I use. I chose them over Saucony because they come in wides... and I got some wide feet.
    I was thinking the same thing as I read this thread.
    I've been wearing NB for years now and have a nice broken in pair I'm using for C25K
  • jennifer413
    Options
    Nike free run+ work well for me. Very light and almost like a sock
  • Stutz77
    Options
    I hadn't heard of Mizuno's either until she told me about them. Just to let you know Mizuno are the only running shoe that are gender specific. Most women pronate becuase of our hips so Mizuno's have developed their running shoes for male and female. If you look on the bottom of them you will see the gender sign. I believe they had started out mostly making volleyball shoes and soccer cleats. My husband new what Mizuno's were when I got them becuase he used them for volleyball. Deffinalty suggest getting fit. My sister didn't have me run on the treadmill at her work because we had spent the last year together running a horrible dirt track in Africa, she new how I ran.

Good luck and when you find the right pair you will see a huge difference! :happy:

(sorry for the bad spelling, math and spelling were never my strong subjecte in school)
  • Licacorona
    Options
    I hadn't heard of Mizuno's either until she told me about them. Just to let you know Mizuno are the only running shoe that are gender specific. Most women pronate becuase of our hips so Mizuno's have developed their running shoes for male and female. If you look on the bottom of them you will see the gender sign. I believe they had started out mostly making volleyball shoes and soccer cleats. My husband new what Mizuno's were when I got them becuase he used them for volleyball. Deffinalty suggest getting fit. My sister didn't have me run on the treadmill at her work because we had spent the last year together running a horrible dirt track in Africa, she new how I ran.

Good luck and when you find the right pair you will see a huge difference! :happy:

(sorry for the bad spelling, math and spelling were never my strong subjecte in school)

Hehe, no worries. Thanks so much for the info. I'll let you know once I try them. My feet have never had good running shoes as I'm new to running but the last few months have been killer on my poor feet. I'm sure I'll feel the difference right away.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. i have wide feet and its really hard to find good, comfy running shoes. You should go to a pro store like some of the other people have said. It's the best thing you can do for your feet and/or knees.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just to throw this out there, even though you're gonna go to get fit, I wear Pearl Izumi's and they are fab.

I like Asics too :o)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Definatly get fitted. Every one is different, why works for one person, has little relevance as to how it will work for you.

Had been running in Asics, then went and got fitted. The funny thing is, they recommended the same shoes, in the same size I had been wearing. They were ok, but I wasn't in love so asked for other options.

Enter Brooks ASR and my ahhhh haaaa moment. Me be in love.
  • Licacorona
    Options
    I want my ahhh haaa moment! I will go this week to get fitted.

Congrats btw on reaching your goal weight!
  • Licacorona
    Options
    Definatly get fitted. Every one is different, why works for one person, has little relevance as to how it will work for you.

Had been running in Asics, then went and got fitted. The funny thing is, they recommended the same shoes, in the same size I had been wearing. They were ok, but I wasn't in love so asked for other options.

Enter Brooks ASR and my ahhhh haaaa moment. Me be in love.

I want my ahhh haaa moment! I will go this week to get fitted.

Congrats btw on reaching your goal weight!