Side Pain

Options
Erica002
Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
I've been noticing during some of my exercises, I start to get pain on my right side in my ribcage area....anyone familiar with what could be going on??

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing during some of my exercises, I start to get pain on my right side in my ribcage area....anyone familiar with what could be going on??
    The 3 people I've had have this happen to them all had the same issue..........a rib sublixation.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    is this pain like a cramp? or a stabbing pain?

sometimes you get that stabby feeling when you aren't breathing right, do you know the kind I mean? like if you go running you get a 'cramp' in your belly area.

I have been getting that 'cramp' or stabby feeling just under the last rib on the right during workouts
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it might be a side stitch, had a problem with them a few weeks ago. Drinking more water before and during my workouts seemed to help quite a bit.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've read an article about this but I can't remember the cause of it. It was in some medical journal. This kept happening to me when I started running, the article suggested to exhale when your left foot comes down in the exercise. Believe it or not, it did help a bit...
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    is this pain like a cramp? or a stabbing pain?

sometimes you get that stabby feeling when you aren't breathing right, do you know the kind I mean? like if you go running you get a 'cramp' in your belly area.

I have been getting that 'cramp' or stabby feeling just under the last rib on the right during workouts

Exactly. i have experienced this and started breathing inhale through my nose exhale out my mouth and have notice less cramping