Options
Hi, my name is Jeannie. In the last year I have had double mastectomy, and total knee. I have put on 20 pounds on the already overweight body. I can not exercise because of my knees and back so it is up to just dieting. A good friend would be a plus and any suggestions a big help.

Jeannie

Replies

• Jeannie66
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jeannie. In the last year I have had double mastectomy, and total knee. I have put on 20 pounds on the already overweight body. I can not exercise because of my knees and back so it is up to just dieting. A good friend would be a plus and any suggestions a big help.

Jeannie
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

my biggest suggestion is to log EVERYTHING. i had never realized how many empty calories i was eating and drinking throughout the day before i started logging it all.

good luck!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Jeannie
    I'm so sorry you've had to go through so much Jeannie:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP! Is working out in a therapy pool an option for you regarding the knee pain? I see you had knee surgery....Perhaps check in with your doctor and see if they can set you up to workout in a warm water therapy pool? I can see that helping BOTH your back and knees and being good for your entire body/mind. I had a prescription done up for my PT on my knees....nothing wrong with them regarding past surgeries or anything....they just get a bit painful on the damp days.

The PT really really really helped ALOT. I was then :heart: generously:heart: offered a gym scholarship so for the last year I've been able to continue spending a bit of time in the warm water and also adding Water aerobics, yoga, strength training machines and many other classes that are available to us at my wonderful fitness center.

Yet another miracle in my life...

I wish you nothing but the best.:flowerforyou: ...hoping the doctor can help you out and get those knees healing even faster by keeping them moving in a therapy pool!
  • Jeannie66
    Options
    I am a former member had to stop due to medical problems. I have started back, doing good exercising but ate a hamburger yesterday and ganed 1#. I have no wll power and am struggling with food., Do ok exercising. Why???? can't I stop eating wrong foods?????????????//