Good post-workout snacks?

Options
Im barely over my 1200 min cals for the day and am working out at around 10 when i leave work. I know your supposed to not eat late night but i dont wanna enter starvation zone, I was thinking like a granola bar or something..any ideas?

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i go for a protein shake asap after a workout..
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a granola bar. Like one of the 90 calorie ones.
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake or some almonds. Beware of granola bars because they have a lot of sugar in them. Its always best to have high protein snacks if you have to snack late at night.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    i go for a protein shake asap after a workout..

Protein shake is the way to go! Do not worry that it is late at night!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    W/e I put into my gym bag. haha I usually just buy laura bars, cliff bars, any sort of protein bar that looks good on protein for that day. I think another one I eat is a brownie bar made by think thin. That one is sooooo good.
    Sometimes I also love to drink those protein monsters from odwalla too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Im barely over my 1200 min cals for the day and am working out at around 10 when i leave work. I know your supposed to not eat late night but i dont wanna enter starvation zone, I was thinking like a granola bar or something..any ideas?
    This is a myth. You can eat anytime you like in a 24 hour period. Eat a good MEAL with protein, good fats and a small amount of carbs.

Whether you ate and totalled 1200 before or after 7:00pm it's still 1200.