My 8 week gym assessment - NSV?

Options
Baroness
Baroness Posts: 35 Member
So I joined the gym 8 weeks ago and had my assessment before I started and another today.
I was 72.4 kgs/ 159.6pounds now Im 70 kg/ 154.3pounds -- lost 2.4 kgs/5.3pounds
My measurements in inches
Bust 39.5 -- 39 (-0.5)
Waist 30.5 -- 30 (-0.5)
Hips 38.2 -- 37.2 (-1)
Calf 13.4 -- 13.2 (-0.2)
Thigh 21 -- 20.5 (-0.5)
Bicep 11.8 -- 11.8 (no change)

But the biggest loss was my body fat %
I was 31.9% and have dropped to 25.8% *woop woop*
Lost 6.1% body fat

I was disappointed with my weight loss over the last few weeks, as the scales seem to be hardly moving. Ive played around with my calorie intake and eating/not eating my exercise calories.......
But WOW, I must be doing something right to get that kind of fat loss.
My goal is for 20% body fat - I dont know what weight I will be at that % but hopefully about 65 - I was aiming for 63 but I think thats just going to be to light for me.

I feel so good. Its like the scale number doesnt matter anymore and I want to keep at it -- I was getting so disheartened with my scales and felt like I was trying soooo hard for no result -- Now I have my results, and I want to do better.
Yay me!!!!

Replies

• crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Muscle takes up less space, but weighs more than fat. With such a large decrease in body fat percentage I'm not surprised your weight only dropped 5 lbs. You should be very proud of your progress! I wouldn't concentrate so much on the number on the scale, but on your body fat percentage. Congratulations on the progress!

Btw, what does NSV stand for?
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    NSV - Non Scale Victory
    I put ? because I had a slight loss on the scale, but my biggest victory was not from the scale.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    NSV - Non Scale Victory
    I put ? because I had a slight loss on the scale, but my biggest victory was not from the scale.

Thank you for defining that, I've been wondering about it for a week :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!