Always under your calorie goal and not losing?

Options
I wrote about this in my blog today. I've noticed a lot of forum posts about people doing everything right and not losing..

www.allfit-happy.blogspot.com

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've heard many people say that you should switch up your calories so you aren't eating the same amount every day. It makes sense. I've been losing 2 pounds per week as desired, and I go over my calories on a regular basis by quite a bit. Then other days I am under. Of course, I never WANT to go over, but I guess it seems to be working.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I did what MFP recommended and didn't lose. Then I listened to what other web resources were telling me, increased my calories by 200/day and began losing. MFP isn't the be all, end all of advice - I personally think their BMR estimates are too low.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was like that for the first 4-6 weeks well losing VERY slowly.. I think it just takes your body a while to get used to the new diet plus muscle gain. I've only ha 20lb to lose so maybe that affected it also but yeah losing a lot more steadily now..
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've heard many people say that you should switch up your calories so you aren't eating the same amount every day. It makes sense. I've been losing 2 pounds per week as desired, and I go over my calories on a regular basis by quite a bit. Then other days I am under. Of course, I never WANT to go over, but I guess it seems to be working.

I do this too.. I am always under for the weekly net one though.. A natural zig-zag I guess.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Your carbs and sodium look kinda high.
  • jengil1
    jengil1 Posts: 3
    Options
    The same thing happened to me a few monghs ago. Had a checkup with my Dr. and explained to him what I was doing. He did some booldwork and found out it was a slow thyroid. Maybe you should go in for a checkup. It is always nice to have a clean bill of health from the Dr.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I did what MFP recommended and didn't lose. Then I listened to what other web resources were telling me, increased my calories by 200/day and began losing. MFP isn't the be all, end all of advice - I personally think their BMR estimates are too low.

when you were listening to mfp were you eating back your exercise calories also? or just sticking to the base amount regardles ?
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options

when you were listening to mfp were you eating back your exercise calories also? or just sticking to the base amount regardles ?

I was eating back exercise cals, always have. I might not eat 100% of them, but I don't really go under very much from day to day.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I was eating back exercise cals, always have. I might not eat 100% of them, but I don't really go under very much from day to day.

ohh okay okay, good to know. just wondering!