Why am I changing weigh so much!?!

Options
One week I will loose and one week I will gain. I worked out SO much this week and Idk how, but I gained two lbs!! It makes me feel horrible. I am trying so hard, watching what I eat and BANG! Yes I feel like some inches have gone, but my stomach and big butt is there. I have started this weight change in May and my goal was to be fit and ready come the first of Aug and in 2 months I have only lost 4 lbs! How is this happening! I am so depressed...about to give up.

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    One week I will loose and one week I will gain. I worked out SO much this week and Idk how, but I gained two lbs!! It makes me feel horrible. I am trying so hard, watching what I eat and BANG! Yes I feel like some inches have gone, but my stomach and big butt is there. I have started this weight change in May and my goal was to be fit and ready come the first of Aug and in 2 months I have only lost 4 lbs! How is this happening! I am so depressed...about to give up.

Did you take any measurements when you started? Are your clothes fitting better? I have only lost 5lbs in the last 2 months. But I went down a few notches on my belt. I try not to focus on the scale so much.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The most comon reason to these kind of results is actually consuming too little. Try eating an additional 200 cal a day to rev your metabolism higher and see if you can move from there
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    DO NOT STRESS!

The 2 lbs is more than likely water you retained when you worked out. If you're not used to moving the muscles the way you are when you work out the muscles will build fluid around them for protection. Also, watch your sodium.... sodium causes water retention. Stay under, and have a cup 'o joe (which is a natural diuretic - meaning it makes you go to the bathroom and get rid of excess fluid) and you will be good.
  • Bengmo
    Bengmo Posts: 1
    Options
    I always gain a little weight or stay even at the beginning of an exercise program, I think it's from muscle replacing fat.

Another pattern a have noticed is that for a couple weeks I will stay at around the same weight or even gain a pound or so, then all of a sudden I drop a LOT of weight then gain back a little and stay at the new (lower) weight for a while before the pattern repeats.

One week I dropped eight pounds after breaking even for about 3 weeks and only gained about 2 of it back, wierdest thing.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I had to stop focusing on numbers for a while or I would have quit. Make sure you have a great support group on here. Don't give up...you are getting healthy while doing all this :flowerforyou:
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    DO NOT STRESS!

The 2 lbs is more than likely water you retained when you worked out. If you're not used to moving the muscles the way you are when you work out the muscles will build fluid around them for protection. Also, watch your sodium.... sodium causes water retention. Stay under, and have a cup 'o joe (which is a natural diuretic - meaning it makes you go to the bathroom and get rid of excess fluid) and you will be good.

GREAT advice :smile: