Wii

Options
My man and I are thinking about getting a Wii system to get our butts off the couch in the evening (live out in the country, no real place to go walking when it gets dark so soon).
Have any of you got the system, do you find it helps motivate you to move?
Terryl

Replies

• ersunshine
    Options
    My man and I are thinking about getting a Wii system to get our butts off the couch in the evening (live out in the country, no real place to go walking when it gets dark so soon).
    Have any of you got the system, do you find it helps motivate you to move?
    Terryl
  • smammas
    smammas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii and it has been a great help to me. You can get a really good workout. Do it! You'll love it!
  • PishPish97
    Options
    I have the system. I bought it last month for the same reasons...except I live in the city (country girl at heart though) and didn't feel safe walking at night. It is nice to be able to work out in the comfort of your own home and have a variety of things to do. I suggest the fitness ulitmatium. That will really get your heart rate up there.

As for motivation, my boyfriend doesn't use the Wii all that much. It's too much work for him. I am fairly faithful about it, however this past week has been stressful and working out has not been a priority.
  • saktii
    Options
    I love love love my Wii fit. I am generally terrible about excersize, but with the Wii I do it almost every day and have loads of fun while I'm at it!
  • shaker
    Options
    The Wii is a blast, even the Bowling game is a workout, You Will have a blast!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    All the games on wii are a hoot. It definetly gets you up and moving-even the sports games...and laughing! I highly recommend it. My kids 11-19 all play it too. :smile:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love the wii!! I don't use it for a regular workout though, i use it as kinda an extra thrown in. It doesn't work me out hard enough for my liking :ohwell:
    For a game console though it's great! theres not much any other one that can get your heart rate up while you are playing a game :happy:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE love love the Wii!
  • cpsjbu
    Options
    I got one yesterday and it is awesome. I did a search for the calories burned using the Wii sports game and found a study by the American Council on Exercise. I've added those exercises to the database now if you want to start logging your Wii time as exercise. Boxing burns the most calories, followed by tennis with golf burning the least. I couldn't find Wii Fit calories burned though.

Hope that helps everyone. Cheers!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Wii. My dh & I played it for an entire weekend when we first got it & boy did we feel it on Monday. I think we got a little *too* into it, though. LOL