Just stumbled on something really tasty.

Options
pauljsolie
pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
I've been craving something sweet all night and I think I found something you all might like. Take a half cup of plain or vanilla greek style yogurt and add a packet of Emergen C fizzy drink mix. The powder tries to foam and it makes the yogurt kinda light and fluffy like a mouse. I used orange and it was really tart and tangy. Good way to get your vitamins and protein.

moose, mousse, i can't spell. It's not a fluffy mouse!!!

Replies

• jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl also suggested using crystal light in your Greek yogurt!!!! I didn't like it when i tried...but I might give it another shot!!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love all the different ways that people are flavouring their greek yogurt! I tried it with a tsp of fat free jello powder mix and wow it satisfies my sweet and dairy cravings. Now I can't wait to try the emergen C. Sounds like a creamsicle. YUM
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A fluffy mouse, that was too cute.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    HAHA a fluffy mouse! that was realllly funny! but i like that idea, it sounds delish!! HAHA even if it was a fluffy mouse, i'd still love it! :-D
  • MrsJ25
    MrsJ25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a try thanks so much!
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    REAL honey (preferably raw) on greek yogurt is the BEST! I eat it every day
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love it! My sweet tooth thanks you!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    You just named it, "A Fluffy Mouse." LOL
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    Ooooohhh.... that sounds so yummy! Def gonna have to try that. Have you found one brand of Greek Yogurt that is better or healthier than another? Just starting to switch over to the Greek yogurts and still looking to find the best one for me.
    Thanks for the yummy tip and any info you can give me on the Greek yogurt!
    Ruth
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think it's fluffy moose :laugh:

I take 2 tsp of cheesecake flavored Instant Jello pudding and mix it in plain greek yogurt. For me it tastes just like cheesecake. I eat this everyday at lunch. I'm going to try chocolate and butterscotch at some point.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    I make my own yogurt. I keep straining it until it is the thickness I like. I use 1% organic milk, no sugar, no flavor. I like making my own then I know what's in it.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhh.... that sounds so yummy! Def gonna have to try that. Have you found one brand of Greek Yogurt that is better or healthier than another? Just starting to switch over to the Greek yogurts and still looking to find the best one for me.
    Thanks for the yummy tip and any info you can give me on the Greek yogurt!
    Ruth

I've tried Dannon, Yoplait, and Chabani so far and Dannon is my favorite. It isn't as sour.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I make my own yogurt. I keep straining it until it is the thickness I like. I use 1% organic milk, no sugar, no flavor. I like making my own then I know what's in it.

How do u make yogurt?
  • stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds yum!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    LOL, I just finished eating some greek yogurt with raw spanish peanuts and 1/4 of the small box of sugar free vanilla pudding and a scoop of vanilla whey protein, yum!
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    that sounds excellent, thanks for the idea!
  • pauljsolie
    Options

How do u make yogurt?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249736-anyone-make-their-own-yogurt?hl=make+your+own+yogurt
    I have never made a bad batch using the crock pot and heating pad method. I have a batch now that is almost as thick as cream cheese. Yum.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    OK, here's how it is working.
    1/2 gallon of 2% milk. Heat to 185F stirring constantly (use double boiler if possible). Cool to 120F in ice water bath. Take out 2 cups of warm milk and add 1 cup fat free plain greek style yogurt (at room temp) and 3/4 cup powdered milk. Mix gently and pour back into the rest of the milk. Put into crock pot that has been pre-warmed. Unplug crock pot and set it on a heating pad set to low. By this time the milk is at 110F (the perfect temp). Put lid on the crock pot and wrap in heavy bath towels. 8 hours later you have a thick greek style yogurt. I drain the whey with a jelly straining stand/cloth bag. This makes 32 oz of fantastic yogurt.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    OK, here's how it is working.
    1/2 gallon of 2% milk. Heat to 185F stirring constantly (use double boiler if possible). Cool to 120F in ice water bath. Take out 2 cups of warm milk and add 1 cup fat free plain greek style yogurt (at room temp) and 3/4 cup powdered milk. Mix gently and pour back into the rest of the milk. Put into crock pot that has been pre-warmed. Unplug crock pot and set it on a heating pad set to low. By this time the milk is at 110F (the perfect temp). Put lid on the crock pot and wrap in heavy bath towels. 8 hours later you have a thick greek style yogurt. I drain the whey with a jelly straining stand/cloth bag. This makes 32 oz of fantastic yogurt.

Im alittle confused... to make yogurt, you need to add yogurt to it? Im not sure..
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Yes, you need to add the active cultures that are found in plain no flavor no sweetener yogurt. You can also buy a yogurt starter. It's a powder that you add to the warm milk. The powdered milk gives you the thicker texture along with straining out the whey. You can also use the liquid whey for cooking and baking.