Abs

Options
Can anyone suggest a dvd I can use for a great ab workout? I want one without cardio that focuses only on abs. After 3 c-sections that's where I need the most help!!!! Thanks!!! :smile:

Replies

• tmongold
    tmongold Posts: 2
    Options
    Me too! Keep me posted....two c-sections later! Amen sister!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The Ab Ripper X part of P90X is awesome and my favorite CORE workout.
  • tassit
    tassit Posts: 7
    Options
    Try any of the boot camp exercises put together by Jillian Michaels. I love her! She probably has an ab video.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any specific DVD, but check out Yoga stuff. Specifically, check out ones for conditioning. They'll generally be the Hatha styles, which focus on the poses and holding them, as opposed to Vinyasa, "Hot," or other flow or faster-paced ones that focus on the movement through the poses.

Aside from that, check out the plank poses - standard (like the top of a pushup), forearm, and side. Also, check out the leg lifts and "reverse crunches".
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I need to work on my abs too. 4 kids ( including twins) & 2 c-sects later my abs seem to be missing.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Try some pilates dvds. Pilates is AMAZING at toning your abs, thighs, and butt. I started seeing results within a week, no lie. I have had two c-sections, so I totally know how you feel. My tummy looks soooo much better after 6 months of pilates, but I still have that little pooch at the bottom that I am convinced will never completely go away. I also do Ab ripper X, which is from P90X. It works really well, too. The pilates DVDs I recommend are Element Pilates For weight loss, Ana Caban's Quick Start Pilates, and any Mari Winsor dvd. Good luck!
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    I use Ab Jam. Its part of the Turbo Jam series. I love it!
  • ActiveTami
    ActiveTami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Someone shared the following website on another forum. I like it because it gives more variety than a DVD and it has little video snippets to show you the exercises. I'm usually motivate to see what the new exercises will be each day. These will strengthen your core I'm sure...

http://randomabs.com/today/
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. Great for core strength. BUT - it does have cardio. Only a little, but enough. You need to get the heart rate up to actually burn the fat over your abs, otherwise you won't see a difference.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    All these DVD's and most of this info is free on the internet.

Do exercise for "upper abs", obliques and lower abs. http://www.bodybuilding.com has videos on how to target these areas and videos on how to do them correctly. Do 2-3 sets for each in the 20-30 rep range. You could go higher in reps if it's too easy.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. Great for core strength. BUT - it does have cardio. Only a little, but enough. You need to get the heart rate up to actually burn the fat over your abs, otherwise you won't see a difference.

I second this