P90X Hybrid vs Classic?

Options
So I'm thinking of starting P90X or Insanity next week, and I've been hearing a lot of people talk about hybrids. I have a lot of fat to lose and I would also like to gain muscle, but I haven't really slimmed down, so I don't know if P90X would just make me bulkier. Would it be best to a) do JUST P90X, b) do JUST Insanity, or c) a hybrid of both? Thanks! :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Or you could just do P90X and do cardio along with it. The cardio is what is going to help you burn more of the fat so just make sure you get in some good cardio along with it, such as riding your bike, running (or running/walking intervals if you can't run for a long period of time).
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    p90x will definitely help you lose fat.

i've done it twice and am now doing p90x plus
  • blugold15
    blugold15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    P90X has a classic version, a lean version, and a doubles version. The lean version is more cardio based - you don't do much of the resistance training in that program. Whichever route you choose, you are going to burn a TON of calories, and therefore, increase lean muscle tissue (lose fat), as long as you pay attention to what you are eating. I've done the lean version (for about 6 weeks), didn't follow the actual nutrition plan in the P90X program, but was just sensible about what I ate, and I had really good results. My clothes got bigger! :)

Hope that helps!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    so I don't know if P90X would just make me bulkier

It is EXTREMELY difficult for a woman to bulk up. Please reference the following link:

http://i.imgur.com/nj1UJ.jpg

I haven't done any of the programs but am planning on trying P90X after I finish the New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler.
  • deseablev
    Options
    I am currently doing insanity (just finished the first 30 days) and am wondering myself what to do next: insanity, p90x or the hybrid. I am particularly curious about the hybrid. Does anyone have experience doing all three?