"red bed" and Stretch marks

Options
2»

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    photo_kyla Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 242 July 28, 2011 8:02 pm Does anyone have experience using a "red bed"? I think it's an infrared, heat bed type thing. It doesn't tan. They have one at our gym and recommend it for joint and muscle aches and "to increase collagen production in your skin" (make it firmer and reduce flabby skin and stretch marks). Has anyone noticed a difference in their skin after using a red bed for a while?

Was first introduced to it as a child athlete and I'm still an active user today, only it wasn't a bed but a portable size back then, gifted to me by my parents, following some Business Expo they'd attended in the Orient in the '80s. I'd basically maintain it at the recommended distance, directing it to any troubling site and would then shift it to a new location, as a norm before bed. Directly it is a good alternative to the daily hands-on full body sports massages; The side-effects benefitting the skin quality are the bonus.

If the intensity and the frequency of one's training routine is above moderate, where regular massages are a necessity, inculcating one's maintenance protocols, opting for the infrared is a worthy investment.
  • kerzel
    Options
    I've tried it for the last month at the gym and I can say I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I usually get really bad eczema during the winter, I moisturize every time I shower and saw some improvement, but with red light therapy I have no nasty red patches on the back of my legs. I've also noticed an improvement and reduction in appearance of stretchmarks that I got when I went through a fast (and painful) growth spurt in my teens. I am also rather clumsy and have a lot of scars, either from burns or falling, and those are drastically improved as well. Honestly, I think it's worth a shot. Infrared radiation is not harmful to biological processes, so if no improvement is seen the most you're losing is 12 minutes two to three times a week. I found it extremely helpful personally, maybe other people will too.
  • SarahLMines
    SarahLMines Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am currently using a fluorescent red light therapy bed at Planet Beach. I have quite a few stretch marks from losing/gaining weight - I had a few in my inner thighs which have faded well from a few sessions - the other stretch marks I have are quite old so may take a few more sessions yet. I also use the lumiere facial machine at Planet Beach which includes red light, blue light and white light - you have to use products with these machines though to speed up results. I have only been using the machines for a few weeks but will keep using and see how it goes :-)