hey everyone, I'm new.

Options
I have been reading so many success stories, and it has given me SO much motivation.
I just fear that I will have all this motivation, and I will work so hard for my goal right now.. then end up losing motivation in two weeks and never accomplishing anything.
I hope to push that out of my head, and keep up the good work, and believe this site will help greatly.
I am 124lbs, which may not seem like a lot but I have a "small frame" so it looks like more than it really is.
My goal is to lose one pound a week until I am 105 lbs.
I am also joining the Air Force and I would like to be in shape when Basic Training comes around, so it doesn't completely kick my butt!

I read something about "eating the calories you burn", could someone explain that to me?!!?
I'm supposed to eat about 1200 calories a day, I eat about 900 then burn off around 500 at the gym? my net is 383 and at the end of the day it says I have 817 calories remaining.. is that okay? I feel extremely good, not starved at all though?

Replies

• Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have been reading so many success stories, and it has given me SO much motivation.
    I just fear that I will have all this motivation, and I will work so hard for my goal right now.. then end up losing motivation in two weeks and never accomplishing anything.
    I hope to push that out of my head, and keep up the good work, and believe this site will help greatly.
    I am 124lbs, which may not seem like a lot but I have a "small frame" so it looks like more than it really is.
    My goal is to lose one pound a week until I am 105 lbs.
    I am also joining the Air Force and I would like to be in shape when Basic Training comes around, so it doesn't completely kick my butt!

I read something about "eating the calories you burn", could someone explain that to me?!!?
    I'm supposed to eat about 1200 calories a day, I eat about 900 then burn off around 500 at the gym? my net is 383 and at the end of the day it says I have 817 calories remaining.. is that okay? I feel extremely good, not starved at all though?

Welcome to the MFP community :)

Wow 105lbs even for your frame seems pretty light! You could be lean and athletic at about 117lbs if you want to keep on the roughly low end of a healthy weight range!

I would definitely recommend eating back your calories so you eat 1200cal on days you do absolutely nothing and 1200+your daily exercise cals on days you do exercise. This will kick your metabolism out of survival mode to fat burning mode and help shape you to a stronger, healthier and more athletic figure!
  • summernichole
    Options
    thankkk you! (: