Diet Help

Options
I have a major issue, i tend to eat when i am bored. How can i get past that? As thats what normal causes me to screw up my diet is i end up eating when i'm not even hungry.

Also i just started 30 min shred, and i gained 1lb? Is it normal to gain weight when starting weight lifting ect?

This diet thing is sooo hard, why cant it be easy? Putting all the weight on was easy, wish it was the other way around.

Replies

• rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a major issue, i tend to eat when i am bored. How can i get past that? As thats what normal causes me to screw up my diet is i end up eating when i'm not even hungry.

Also i just started 30 min shred, and i gained 1lb? Is it normal to gain weight when starting weight lifting ect?

This diet thing is sooo hard, why cant it be easy? Putting all the weight on was easy, wish it was the other way around.
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    as for the boredom I know the tv is my enemy - if im just sitting about i feel an overwelming need to stick something in my mouth. so busy bee busy bee - I made a list of all the things i have been meaning to do forever (around the house in the yard what ever) I posted it on the fridge. when I find myself bored and walking up to the fridge there is my list. I pick something and get it done. its worked wonders - both in weight loss and getting things done i probably would have put off forever :)
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    it takes some getting used to, but it does get easier.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Try to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet.

The difference is that a lifestyle change needs to be something you can maintain over a long period of time and for that reason you need to find a way to make it tolerable for you.

A diet is short term, takes off some weight, but then when you can't stand doing it anymore you stop. Then the weight comes back plus some.

Maybe you need to change some things around to make it something you can keep doing long term.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet.

The difference is that a lifestyle change needs to be something you can maintain over a long period of time and for that reason you need to find a way to make it tolerable for you.

A diet is short term, takes off some weight, but then when you can't stand doing it anymore you stop. Then the weight comes back plus some.

Maybe you need to change some things around to make it something you can keep doing long term.

I agree 100%......