Your workout regimen...

Just wondering what everyone did for strength/cardio training.

Mine is:

Monday: Chest and Arms, run a mile before workout, run .5 miles after workout.
Tuesday: Abs and Legs, run a mile before workout, run .5 miles after workout.
Wednesday: Arms and Abs, running before and after
Thursday: Run 5k on treadmill, rest on weights
Friday: Chest and Arms, running before and after
Saturday: Back and Legs, running before and after
Sunday: Basketball

8 Separate Workouts
Average Calorie burn: 600/day

This works for me. Let's see what you do.

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Hello - good topic to get people thinking about :smile:

My routine changes from week to week but I tried to think about what I'd generally do each day. The hard thing for me is when I'm travelling for work which I do quite a bit (normally in the middle of the week). For those days I would generally be burning at least 450 calories just from all the walking and dragging my suitcase around so I don't worry about missing out on the structured exercise too much.

Monday: 7am spin then some light weights with twisting type moves (so for my midsection and back)

Tuesday: Some walking - nothing full on

Wednesday: Cross trainer/Elliptical warm up then leg work weights and dead lifts

Thursday: Swimming then sauna/steam room

Friday: 6pm spin then some light arm weights

Saturday: Personal training session normally incorporating boxing and weights with intervals of cardio between exercises

Sunday: Bikram yoga or boxing circuit
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Sounds pretty hardcore, especially compared to mine : 3
    Monday: Butt bible Arm work out level 2, Dance team practice(2 hrs), active 2 on Wii Cardio/weight training.
    Tuesday: Butt bible arm workout level 3, dance team practice, Ab work out, Maybe tennis or running.
    Wendnesday: Swimming and/or Volleyball.
    Thursday:Butt bible workout level 1, Dance team practice, active 2 cardio/weighttraining, kickboxing.
    Friday: Butt bible level 2, Swimming, kickboxing
    Saturday:Butt bible level 3, Active 2 cardio/weightraining, Dancing, abs.
    Sunday: Butt bible arm level 1, LOTS of walking, Active 2 cardio/weightraining, kickboxing, maybe abs.

I just realized I track only about 1/3 of this in my exercise journal D:
  • I do 30 Day Shred every single day, then depending on how I'm feeling and what the weather's doing, I either walk the dog around the neighborhood or dance at home. I can't afford all that fancy gym stuff :tongue:
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Looks like a good week's workout. I would love to swim, but I do not have a full service gym.
  • Sounds pretty hardcore, especially compared to mine : 3
    Monday: Butt bible Arm work out level 2, Dance team practice(2 hrs), active 2 on Wii Cardio/weight training.
    Tuesday: Butt bible arm workout level 3, dance team practice, Ab work out, Maybe tennis or running.
    Thursday:Butt bible workout level 1, Dance team practice, active 2 cardio/weighttraining, kickboxing.
    Sunday: Butt bible arm level 1, LOTS of walking, Active 2 cardio/weightraining, kickboxing, maybe abs.

...I feel inferior...
  • Humphrizzle
    Dont feel inferior. Do what you can. As long as your heart rate is risen for an extended period, Calories are being burned.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    That's sucks D:
    I get free access to the base pool since my dads military
    Ya for Id cards : 3.
    Have you checked the Ymca for any discounts or free days?
    Sometimes they have them, Like teen late night for kids 13-19, they make it free on fridays.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Sounds pretty hardcore, especially compared to mine : 3

...I feel inferior...
    You shouldn't feel inferior.....I was only walking outside a lot before I joined the gym and it's definitely a good start....plus if you have that shred (I have no idea what it is) that should work for you. ..I remember using heavy books as weights and piling books on top of one another for a step up routine before....you can do a lot without going to a gym...You can do it!!
    Deb
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    Yeah, defiantly don't feel inferior, especially since I don't go to the gym for any of the things i do(unless you count swimming...).
    You can easily get creative and found other ways to work out, like going to a park and doing pull ups on the monkey bar, running the track, leg lifts on benches, etc etc : 3.
  • Humphrizzle
    That's sucks D:
    Sometimes they have them, Like teen late night for kids 13-19, they make it free on fridays.

im 22 years old...
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    That's sucks D:

im 22 years old...
    I was trying to give a example D:.
    Just look at there calender, you might get lucky : 3.
  • Humphrizzle
    I will look into it. I am only going to the gym right now because I have a few free week trials at 3 different gym. I have to decide which gym to join after these trials are up.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    coming to the end the 2nd week of a 12 week program ....

Mon: Resistance Upper
    Tue: Cardio
    Wed: Cardio
    Thu: Resistance Lower
    Fri: Resistance Upper
    Sat / Sun: one rest day one Cardio

Then the next week swap upper and lower.

For Cardio I do a levels based workout L10 = can do no more, L1 = can do all day. So a cardio workout looks like this
    L5 = 2 min
    L6 = 1 min
    L7 = 1 min
    L8 = 1 min
    L9 = 1 min
    Repeat L6 to L9 three more times
    L10 = 1 min
    L5 = 1 min
    =========
    20 minutes total.

For Resistance Upper I do Chest, Lats, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps in levels.
    For Resistance Lower I do Squats, Hamstrings, Abs in levels

Pick a weight that leaves you at the level after the number of reps L10 means you could not lift 1 more rep. For each exercise do

12 reps = L7
    1 min rest
    10 reps = L8
    1 min rest
    8 reps = L9
    1 min rest
    6 reps = L10 (i.e cannot do one more rep)
    1 min rest
    12 reps = L10
    no rest
    12 reps (same muscle group different exercise) = L10

Upper takes about 60 min, lower takes about 40 min. NO stretching afterwards. No additional cardio.

This is then combined with a different eating pattern, 6 smaller meals a day with 20g protein and 20g carbs. At least 2 dairy, 2 vegtable, 1 oils (nuts etc).

I have not got the eating down that low yet ;)
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    sundays: 45 min mixed cardio - 30 mins strength

monday : 60 min walking(to and from work)

tuesday : 60 min walking 30 min strength

wednesday : 60 min walking(to and from work)

thursday: 45 min walking 20 min rowing

friday: 30 min mixed cardio, 30 min strength

saturday: nothing!
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Your workout all looks very good :)

My schedule is very on and off as the gym is miles from work so something after work i struggle to get over there often!

Monday - none
    Tuesday - gym workout - running 30mins 5km, stepper and weights
    Wednesday - spinning 1 hr
    Thursday - none
    Friday - spinning 50 mins
    Saturday - gym workout - running 30mins 5km, stepper and weights
    Sunday - running 30 mins

I have just bought Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30 so I am hoping to do DVDs, especially on my 'none' days!

Looking forward to hearing from you all shortly!
  • Good topic! Mine varies a lot but an average week is like this:

Monday: Wii Fit muscle/yoga and cardio 30mins

Tuesday: 5k run

Wednesday: Wii Fit 30mins and maybe a walk 45-60mins

Thursday: Zumba 50mins and maybe a walk again

Friday: 5k run

Saturday: Nothing particular, maybe Wii Fit or gardening

Sunday: 5k run
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Some very intense workouts there, well done on your commitment. heres mine,

Monday 5 min warm up on rower or cross trainer, 25 mins weight training ( i do a 5 day split working 1 muscle group per day), 20 min intense ab workout (supersets with no rest) 30 min spin class.

Tuesday, 5 min warm up, 25 min weight training, 30 mins treadmill.

Wednesday 5 min warm up, 25 mins weight training, 30 min spin class followed by 20 min core stability class.

Thursday 5 min warm up, 25 mins weight training, 30 mins treadmill or cross trainer.

Friday 5 min warm up, 25 mins weight training, 20 mins intense ab workout, 30 mins spin class.

Saturday and Sunday rest.
  • daniey89
    daniey89 Posts: 23
    oh my i feel quite lazy..

Mondays: nothing ( not a fan of mondays)

Tuesdays: 50 min fast paced walk

Wednseday: 45 min pilates intermediate mat exercises + 20 min walk

Thursday: 50 min fast paced walk

Friday: 45 mins pilates + 20 min walk

Saturday: 30-60 min walk

Sunday: nothing

I have been thinking of joining a gym since the weather is very cold at the moment..well where I live anyway.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    My resistance training always consists of:
    squats, overhead press, bench, stiff leg deadlift, bent rows, pullups & dips.

Mon: resistance training
    Tue: rest
    Wed: resistance training
    Thu: rest
    Fri: resistance training
    Sat: kickboxing
    Sunday: whatever

Rest days quite often involve little jungle gym sessions with pullups, pushups, bw squats etc.
    And I ride to work each day on pushy but that's only 5 mins or so each way so I ride quick.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Well, you all have out done me. Not to mention I am a hit or miss work outer. So my workouts are all walking. period. I live in the country where walking outside is very hard. We have no sidewalks. And the roads are very hilly. Like if you are at the bottom of the hill you see nothing in front of you. So they are good cardio. My HR usually stays in the 145-150ish range. I also have 5 pound free weights I do my upper arms every day. I work everyday and have 3 kids and a home to take care of so some days I just can't fit it in. But lately I have been doing much better at getting my walks in. I do have some DVD's to do. I got a free walking DVD from prevention and I have a Leslie Sansone DVD. I love reading what you all are doing. I would like to go to a Gym, but the local one has crappy hours. Some days I work 8 or more a day. Then the kids are in a ton of stuff. I do... hee hee take the long route to the potty at work or just walk the halls when there is down time. My stepper averages 10000-15000 a day.

Thanks for all your ideas, though. I do have a treadmill but geesh after like 5 minutes, it feels like I have been on it for a hour. Boring! Walking outside, I could go for a long time, looking at all the trees and other houses...I also have a fireplace and I step up and down on the hearth while watching t.v. then sometimes I go up and down out stairs fast. lol I have to be creative sometimes. Sorry to ramble on and on.

Jenn