Stronger Better Faster Nov 14

Options
Morning!
I'm putting on a happy face :happy: even though I don't feel like it. lol
I want this crud to go away so I can feel like myself again and a break from everyone.
Goals for the day:
drink water
clean up the house
make Alex's cake
finish shopping
take Alex to hippotherapy
finish party preparations
So what are you all up to today? I'll check back later and let you all know how therapy went today! I'm excited about it! I get so nervous about trying to find new places though! lol
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I'm putting on a happy face :happy: even though I don't feel like it. lol
    I want this crud to go away so I can feel like myself again and a break from everyone.
    Goals for the day:
    drink water
    clean up the house
    make Alex's cake
    finish shopping
    take Alex to hippotherapy
    finish party preparations
    So what are you all up to today? I'll check back later and let you all know how therapy went today! I'm excited about it! I get so nervous about trying to find new places though! lol
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Well, Mary, how's this for a horror story? We were on our final approach to Roanoke, and just as we got low enough for me to think "hooray! It's over." and start to breathe again. . . We started to climb again. We got diverted back to the airport we left from due to foggy conditions on "the entire eastern seaboard". So, that's a two hour ride in an "Indiana Jones plane" (my name for prop aircraft) only to end up exactly where we started. So, I ended up in a rental car with four strangers I met on the plane. I could have driven all the way from Toronto in the amount of travel time everything took. OOF! But, due to the kindness of strangers, I have arrived here. Have I mentioned that North America needs some bullet trains? Please?

I'm hoping to get an evening session in at the gym here, but there's not much (a rickety stairstepper and a bike.) I may just walk to dinner, as I decided not to rent a car. (the weather's too tacky to do much exploration) I just have to figure out how to get to where I'm presenting. . .

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Didn't want to say anything yesterday, V, but the Roanoke airport is what finally put me over the edge - I just said one day - I'm never flying again (Roanoke to Pittsburgh). I flew those prop planes way too many times - one time we circled the Roanoke airport 6 times before landing. I think I drove to Richmond once, just to not fly out of Roanoke, but ended up staying in a super scary Motel 6 near the airport (flight left early the following morning and it was 3 hours from Radford to Richmond).

Well you might have noticed my avatar has changed. I had some very sad news yesterday, Triangles (that is his name) kitty has a malignant tumor on his back leg or lower abdomen (it moves! creepy). We haven't picked a date for his surgery, but it will be soon. He will also get an ultrasound that day to see if it has spread at all. He will need some sort of therapy afterward - it could range from simple medication to chemo (which we wouldn't put him through). I hate to think of money at a time like this, but this year it seems like any time we get some money saved up, something happens. I thought we would have enough money to pay our property taxes this year (and not go into credit card debt, thank goodness we don't have any of that), but it looks like we will have to borrow some more money. Another kitty has thyroid problems and will have to go up on his medication - which will require more bloodwork. Sigh.

So, other than a quick bike ride, I took yesterday off. I just didn't have time. Had nothing to do with the cats. Today, I think walking is in order. Might go for a quick bike ride too - oh, and push ups, since I skipped them yesterday. Walking is my therapy!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well everyone has had a crappy day I see. I'll add to it, today is a total loss, I slept all day and haven't done that in a couple of months. I think it is a stress reaction to ongoing stuff. I felt better after I slept. Well maybe tomorrow will be better. :grumble:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone had such a bad day. Things got better around here this afternoon. Alex was very excited to see the horses! He kept asking about them even before we got there. We are very excited about him getting started next Wednesday! I think it's going to help him a whole lot. I'll try to get pictures and video.
    I need to go get dinner. Tomorrow is Alex's birthday party so I will try to post if I can. Didn't do push ups today. Too busy. I will try to get them in soon.
    Have a better day tomorrow everyone!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Update:

my presentation went very well, well attended with lots of good questions. Also all my technology worked swimmingly. I went straight back to the hotel room and slept for four hours. So, apparently everyone's days call for a nap.

The forecast for Sunday morning is sunny. (it's now my fear that I'll get stuck here) So, that's good. I have no scale of hatred for different types of planes. Prop planes, jets, I don't like them all. Although I was reading in an airport ad about a new services on Emirates airlines. . .a private suite! Fancytown.

Mary, I'm so sorry about Triangles. And I completely understand the money frustrations. I feel like all the forces of bad luck have been lined up against my savings account (which I was so proud I actually had money in a few short months ago) it just keeps getting chipped away.

Everyone get some rest, and start fresh tomorrow!:flowerforyou: