is anyone else limiting carbs???

Options
Hello! Imthinking of lowering my carb intake. Does anyone have any suggestions on a healthy way of doing this? I did it before and stuck to it for 8 months and lost 70 pounds. I had a baby and need to loose about 50 pounds now. I remember feeling very sluggish some days and having bad headaches. Does anyone know of some good low carb recipes as well? I need more ideas to keep me going.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have lower my carbs and upped my protein. I have them set at 35% each.
  • ms_reese_2011
    Options
    Hi, I am doing a 40-40-20 plan and I am loosing weight based on this. I would suggest playing around with it to see how many carbs you can reduce without going to low. I find that having 40% carbs I am more than satisfied.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I lowered my carbs... I took them from 55% to 40%.

So I have now have a ratio of 40% carbs, 30% Protein and 30% Fat.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Try and not go to extremes.......then the headaches will come. Just remember - everything in moderation. I ommitted mostly all breads from my diet and I'm surprized that I don't really miss them, that was a good way for me to lower my carbs.

Just cut back alittle....good luck:)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am following the 17 day diet and I am currently trying to limit by carbs to no more than 100gram a day
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    They say that lowering your carb intake in the evenings works best. So try to have carbs for breakfast, as you have the whole day then to burn them off. Some at lunch, such as wholewheat pasta/sweet potatoes/falafel, and then at dinner just have protein and veg ... fish with salad, chicken with veg, egg white omlette with veggies etc. I'm trying to do this, and I feel better already for doing it, and it's only been a week! I feel less bloated and lethargic. x
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins with much success for many years. Now I am training for a 1/2 marathon and find I need more carbs to run such a long distance so I have been trying to keep mine at about 100 per day

This is a great low carb recipe site (hope it is ok to post it here)
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The South Beach Diet Supercharged book and Kalyn's kitchen blog http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com both have good low carb recipes.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am doing a 40-40-20 plan and I am loosing weight based on this. I would suggest playing around with it to see how many carbs you can reduce without going to low. I find that having 40% carbs I am more than satisfied.

I've set mine at the same. I'm supplementing witha high protien "shake" up to 3 times a day and then ensuring that my meals at lunch and dinner are loaded with veggies. I had a disagreement with my mother who stated that veggies and fruits are NOT carbs...I told her they ARE carbs, the better ones. It's the high starch foods like pasta, rice, potatoes that cause me the problems both with my weight and with my stomach issues.

I do 2 starches by lunch ie cereal and a wrap, 1 protien with 2 servings of veggies at lunch and the same at dinner. My snacks are fruits with my protien supplments.

So far so good...
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 17 day diet, which limits carbs...has been working for me.