What supplements do you take?

Options
13»

Replies

• laurstarks
    laurstarks Posts: 35
    Options
    i take a multi gummy because regular multi vitamins bother my stomach, along with vitamin d.
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    CL White Flood + CL Green Mag (Pre-Workout + Creatine Chelate) - I train fasted so this gives me energy without calories
    Scivation Xtend BCAA's - For recovery
    Orange Triad Multi - A to Z plus Joint and Flex, Plus Digestion, Plus Immunity
    CL Fish Oil
    Magnum Quattro 4 stage Isolate Protein - For when I can't get the protein I need from whole foods

Any crash from White Flood? How long do you feel the effects? I have a couple longer workouts.

Tried any other pre-workouts?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    I used to be a supplement junkie. Up to 50 pills a day! That was before the invention of the internet where through research, I've found only whey protein and creatine worth anything. So that's all I take now.

Multivitamin and fish oil bro?
    My bad. I don't really consider those two supplements but essentials, but yes those two I do take too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge supplement guy. Most of them are garbage but here are some that work:

Protein
    BCAA
    Multi
    Fish Oil
    Creatine

There are others, but these are pretty well documented to work.

So, I take Protein shakes maybe once per day, BCAA pre/mid/post workout, Multi and Fish Oil.
    Good choices.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I drink whey protein post-workout and casein protein at night. I wake up at 4 a.m. to workout and thus I feel the casein is necessary as I don't have time to have something small before working out. I drink the whey because from reading on these boards I gathered it's a good post-workout drink to help in repairing the muscles that have been worked out.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    CL White Flood + CL Green Mag (Pre-Workout + Creatine Chelate) - I train fasted so this gives me energy without calories
    CL Fish Oil
    Magnum Quattro 4 stage Isolate Protein - For when I can't get the protein I need from whole foods

Any crash from White Flood? How long do you feel the effects? I have a couple longer workouts.

No crash from White Flood. The effects start to wind down about an hour or so after consuming. I have tried No-Explode and Jack3d and have crashed from both of those but I used these last year. Since my injury, I've only used White Flood.
  • AdvoCare2
    AdvoCare2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Fish oil and Catalyst!
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    CL Fish Oil

No crash from White Flood. The effects start to wind down about an hour or so after consuming. I have tried No-Explode and Jack3d and have crashed from both of those but I used these last year. Since my injury, I've only used White Flood.

Good stuff. Thanks.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I take calcium with magnezium and vitamin D, and a woman's mulit-vitamin...because I don't eat dairy. I also have a protein shake after my work outs...just the cheap wal-mart designer whey protein, just add water and suck it back.
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    I drink Shakeology for breakfast every day.
    It has all the vitamins and minerals I could ever need.
    Plus a full day's supply of the required fruits and veggies... plus a ton more!
  • byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    I take:

A mineral supplement
    Curcumin
    Casein Hydrosylate
    CoQ-10
    Creatine pyruvate
    Vitamin D
    Joint Support formula

Things I regret ever taking:
    Fancy creatines with just marketing behind them
    Glutamine
    any "Nitric oxide" supplement
    anything by Muscletech
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I take daily:

A multivitamin. (As a type one diabetic I've always been pushed to take them. I did as a kid...then stopped. Recently started again, figuring it can't hurt)

("Quadruple-Strength") Cranberry (I am prone to HORRIBLE urinary tract infections that can take months to clear up, even with antibiotics. This is the ONLY way I've found to avoid them)

2000 I.U.'s of D3. (Many many many type one diabetics are deficient....I'm one of them)

Occasionally I will take extra calcium, lutein, or a B-vitamin complex - but these are rare.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Co q 10
    Multivitamin
    Protein powder
    Bcaa
    Calcium citrate
    And unsweetened green tea to wash them down
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    im taking iron pills and im looking to start taking calcium as well. im good everywhere else but im low in iron and calcium
  • driventotheend
    Options
    I don't take anything on a regular basis. I eat walnuts and ground flaxseed for my omega-3's, but I don't consider that supplementing, I consider that food. I do eat a lot of nutritional yeast for the B-12 (and the taste, I can't get enough of the stuff!) because I go through phases where I eat completely vegan (I'm always vegetarian).