Do You Use The Scan Feature???????????

Options
I love the scanning feature on MFP..... although I don't get to use it all the time because while at work I pack my lunch in containers - but this morning I scanned my entire breakfast in less than 2 minutes. I felt good that the readings were actual and it was just too easy......

Do you use the scan feature?

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes and I love it... but it doesnt work for me all the time :0
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I don't know what that is??????
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    love, love, love it!!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It's not offered on the iPhone 3G, which is what I have so I can't use it. ;(
  • littlerjh
    littlerjh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, what is scanning feature?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that is??????

The MFP app for the phone, let's you scan barcodes and stuff to grab the nutritional info. It's on the Android, dunno how different iPhone is.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep! Fellow Droid user and I LOVE the scanning option! Makes logging food way easy & so fast! I love MFP!
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE the scan feature! I used it every chance I get. Ain't technology grand?
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    YES AND LOVE IT!! OMG MAKES LOGGING SO MUCH EASIER

for those who aren't aware, the scanning feature is on the 'smart phone' app. and you use the camera on the phone and scan it over the barcode and it automatically tells u all the nutritional information and logs it for you. it's amazing! saves so much time and searching! and so accurate!
  • snikles
    snikles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's the reason I choose to use MFP! So easy!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    mlemonroe2 on the phone app there is a button where you can scan the barcode of the food item and it will autolog it for you--alls you need to do is put the amount in. It's pretty sweet when it works!

I love the scan! (of course it doesn't work if you're cooking from scratch...but it's pretty great.

It was the darnedest then though, the other day I scanned a can of soda and it told me it was "twizzlers." I was so confused I tried again with the same result--MFP I don't even LIKE twizzlers. I had to look that one up by hand...I think scan is still a little "beta." But once a few kinks get worked out--it's gonna rock!
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! I'm on an android so have had it a while, but my boyfriend just upgraded his mfp on his iphone, and that has the scanning thing on too apparently. Do find not everything comes up and so something you have to search manually, but it's just the novelty of it as well!
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    not aware of it on my blackberry :(
    damn that would be a fab feature!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Love it :)
  • cltrapp58
    cltrapp58 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love this feature. Save a lot of time! Someone was really thinking when they add this feature!
  • BlueAventer
    BlueAventer Posts: 129
    Options
    Yes, and I LOVE it! So helpful!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I personally think that the scanning feature promotes less healthy eating (not necessarily unhealthy though). For example, fresh produce, meats, and fish don’t have barcodes.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have the iPhone 3Gs
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's a good feature but it's only for backed food ... not for fresh or cooked food !
  • 28mgoudy
    28mgoudy Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a blackberry and I can not get it to work it always says I need to try again and hold 6 to 8 inches but it still wont work.
    My husband uses it on his phone (he does not have a black berry) and loves it. I had him try my phone and he can not get it to work either. Does any one else use a blackberry