What diet plan do you follow

Options
i lost all my weight with weight watchers. to me, its the best plan out there. you could eat whatever is on the market, u just needs to count the points for the food.

Replies

• swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I did Slimfast many years ago when I was about 19 and knew no better, I lost a few stone but of course as with most of these diets I learned nothing and as soon as I stopped I put all the weight (and then some) back on.

That's the only plan I have ever really followed, I find any thing else just too limiting, I love my food and I love to eat too much to be told I can only eat chicken today or only one slice of bread per week etc.

I just count my calories and exercise :)
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I don’t follow a plan, I don’t understand plans. I am not saying they don’t work, but why pay to use an arbitrary point system, when all foods already have “points” called calories associated with them that you can count for free? Admittedly, I don’t know all the details of Weight Watchers, so maybe this is an unfair assessment.

I just stay within in my calorie and macro-nutrient requirements and it seems to work quite well. This will work better long-term as well.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't ike "diets" so I just eat within my calorie goal and I eat what I like. No cutting out sugar for me or sweets. I am following the "RHonda's new life style change diet" if I ahve to name it! It is a "diet" I can follow for the rest of my life!!
  • TooFit2Quit
    Options
    A healthy and nutritious one :) I don't "forbid" myself any food or else I'll just want it more!
  • End6ame
    Options
    I don't ike "diets" so I just eat within my calorie goal and I eat what I like. No cutting out sugar for me or sweets. I am following the "RHonda's new life style change diet" if I ahve to name it! It is a "diet" I can follow for the rest of my life!!

lol. Yes I am quite partial to "Greg's Diet" myself.
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! I don't know if I'm missing something or what but I feel like points and calories are synonymous.

Counting calories and looking at what I eat on here works good enough for me!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My plan: Count calories Input, Count calories Output. Ensure the end result is a deficit. Equals weight loss.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I've never done diet plans and I do not think I ever will, for one very important reason.

Not a single one of them is realistic in a long term view.

By this I mean that they work you into a short/long term temporary (key word here) diet which the greater majority of people do not or cannot stick to for either lifestyle, health, or other reasons. Because of this, as soon as you switch off the weight-loss diet plan and back into your old eating habits, all the pounds (again, for the majority of people) slowly start working their way back on.

It is important to have a varied diet filled with healthy foods, and use self-control and common sense to realize that "hey, maybe this piece of cake isn't that good for me, or maybe my 12th cup of soda this week could be ruining my fitness goals".
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i dont have a "plan" i just eat as many fruits and vegis and lean protiens as my calorie count allots me. of course there is the occasional junk food as well.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don’t follow a plan, I don’t understand plans. I am not saying they don’t work, but why pay to use an arbitrary point system, when all foods already have “points” called calories associated with them that you can count for free? Admittedly, I don’t know all the details of Weight Watchers, so maybe this is an unfair assessment.

I just stay within in my calorie and macro-nutrient requirements and it seems to work quite well. This will work better long-term as well.

there's nothing that you can't have. we go out to eat and enjoy ourselves and still stay within our points. my husband has lost 204 lbs with the plan. he loves that he didn't have to give up some of his favorite foods
  • End6ame
    Options

there's nothing that you can't have. we go out to eat and enjoy ourselves and still stay within our points. my husband has lost 204 lbs with the plan. he loves that he didn't have to give up some of his favorite foods

That's awesome!

I just don't get what makes points more valuable to track vs calories and macros.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

That's awesome!

I just don't get what makes points more valuable to track vs calories and macros.

for some people, its easier to follow a plan
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Exercise more and eat less.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I use MFP! :laugh:

Just stay under its recommended calories, eat those exercise calories and it works like magic!
  • End6ame
    Options

That's awesome!

for some people, its easier to follow a plan

And that is fine; to each their own. I just wasn’t sure if I was missing or misunderstanding some other details.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Exercise more and eat less.

this!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I follow the Michael Pollan plan: Eat FOOD. Not too much. Mostly plants.

I also eat nothing artificial, ever, and stay active.
  • audradanielle
    Options
    I don't eat things that make me feel bad.
    Feeling bad only inhibits me from living each day to the fullest.
    I am super sensitive to wheat, dairy, and corn-common allergens.
    Staying away from those foods does wonders.
    My goal is at the end of the day is to physically feel healthy and well.

Oh yeah, and portion control!
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    I totally agree with you.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i use my fitness pal and try to balance out what i eat. i make sure i get my vitamins and minerals from veg and i exercise.