ABDONDA Success Stories??

Options
Deev79
Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
So I hit the treadmill this morning with the TV on and I was amazed at all the fitness/weight-loss themed infomercials that were on! Has anyone seen the Abdonda program? Anyone tried it?

There were these glamour shots of the most awesome sets of abs on these skinny little women...of course the program boasts these results with simple breathing techniques...huh....really?

Just wondered if anyone has ever tried this...of course the success stories were plentiful and now my interest is slightly peaked....

thoughts?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    The women are fitness models they hire for the commercials.

I've known a lot of people who've bought infomercial devices and, turns out, it's just gimmicks. You can get the same results doing traditional work outs at home or in a gym. The claims on infomercials are fantastic and push the limits of legality.

That said, if you think it will get you moving, then go for it. Just don't be surprised when, in a couple of weeks, it's already collecting dust. I vote save your money.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Breathing standing still? No thanks, I'll stick to a clean diet and HIIT.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried this between my first and second child. My oldest is now 16 and the 2nd is almost 13 so that tells you how long ago it was. It was called by a different name, but Greers Childers was the lady who did it. It was actually ok.....i did see improvement in my abs, but not enough to re-order it.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    google yoga breathing techniques. there was one I remembered doing years ago. It was actually sort of similar to a standing sit-up (huh?)

It was almost 30 years ago that I had the instructor that like this one, but this is how I remember it...
    --Stand-up
    --Bend knees
    --Hands on knees
    --Drop your head down
    --when you breath you push your abs as far out as you can then pull them back as far in as you can

Like I say google it see if you find something similar. I could be forgetting some key element. Or maybe this will be enough to spark someone else's memory and they can give you more accurate info.

Good Luck
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    google yoga breathing techniques. there was one I remembered doing years ago. It was actually sort of similar to a standing sit-up (huh?)

It was almost 30 years ago that I had the instructor that like this one, but this is how I remember it...
    --Stand-up
    --Bend knees
    --Hands on knees
    --Drop your head down
    --when you breath you push your abs as far out as you can then pull them back as far in as you can

Like I say google it see if you find something similar. I could be forgetting some key element. Or maybe this will be enough to spark someone else's memory and they can give you more accurate info.

Good Luck

Wow..there is actually quite a bit on the net about this standing sit-up and it seems to have pretty decent results! Thanks...It can't hurt to give it a try!!